˚ ☁︎ ˚ Happy

« 幸せ »

"Sunghoon!", Jake walked towards his brother with concern all over his face,"Are you alright...?"

He nodded, walking past his figure but gradually let his steps come to a halt,"Did you...",awkwardly scratching the nape of his neck, he continued,"...eat?"

"Huh?",Jake seemed startled.

Sunghoon never talked to him.

"Did you eat?",he repeated his question.

"...Nawr."

"Let's eat then. Come over to my room."

"Sunghoon..are you okay?",Jake couldn't believe his ears.

The boy sighed,"STOP ASKING ME THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND COME TO MY ROOM.",he headed towards his room in haste.

Jake's lips formed a smile.

Brotherly love, he had always longed for it. His brother had finally decided to open up with him.

Jake quickly got hold of the food plates and rushed to his room happily.

// SCHOOL //

/ Next Day /

"...SUNGHOON!",Haewon ran towards his direction.

His lips curled to form a smile,"Haewon!"

"ARE YOU OKAY NOW ?"

He nodded with a smile,"...I talked to him."

"...Whom?"

"Jake."

"REALLY? HOW DID IT GO ?",she questioned with curiousity.

"...He doesn't seem bad."

"Because he is not!",she chuckled softly.

---

Heeseung walked past the two friends , not wanting to talk to anyone.

It was his parents' memorial day. Every year, Haewon would go to his house on this day to cheer him up but he wondered if she remembered it.

He stared at the ground.

---

Haewon's gaze remained fixed on her crush.

It was still awkward for her. Did he really have nothing to say after kissing her ?

Sunghoon glanced at Haewon, lowering his gaze.

He always watched her eyes whenever he walked by. She was always mesmerised , whenever she saw Heeseung. He really wished Haewon to look at him like that but...

"Let's go !",she spoke walking after Heeseung.

Sunghoon silently followed her.

// AFTER SCHOOL //

Haewon grabbed Sunghoon's hand with some fruits and snacks on her free hand.

"But where are we going?",he seemed confused.

"It's Heeseung's parents' memorial today. We should be with him."

"Oh...I didn't know about this."

She hummed in response,"He underwent depression. I was so scared. It seemed as if he fell into a pit of darkness. It has been hard for him too."

"Is this his house?", He pointed to the black gate.

She nodded pressing the doorbell as she stepped in with him.

Heeseung opened the door being startled,"Haewon...",his gaze then, shifted to the figure next to her,"...Sunghoon."

---

Heeseung bowed before his parents' memorial while his other two mates offered their prayers.

He turned back adjusting his black coat,"...I thought you forgot.",his eyes met Haewon's.

"How could I forget?",a crease formed on her forehead.

"...Anyway thanks for coming.",he scratched the nape of her neck.

"Heeseung...",she cleared her throat.

"Hmm?"

"Do you have nothing to tell me?"

"Tell you what...?"

Did he really consider the kiss a mistake ?

She shook her head.

"...Do you want to have ramyeon(noodles) ?",Sunghoon's gaze softened as he looked at Heeseung.

He knew how it felt; losing someone we love.

"WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SAYING?",his eyes widened in disbelief.

(note: 'do you want to have ramyeon' is equivalent to 'netflix and chill.' )

"I- I MEANT. DO YOU WANT TO EAT NOODLES? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!",Sunghoon kind of panicked in disbelief.

Haewon gasped cupping her face ,"HEY SHUT UP. OH MY INNOCENT EARS."

The three of them exchanged glances.

"If you are innocent, how did you understand what I meant?",Heeseung chuckled.

"HEY!",she hit him on his arms.

Sunghoon laughed heartily,"No one is innocent , Haewon."

"SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU.",she sat down on the couch chewing into the rice cakes.

Both the boys exchanged glances and then, smiled gazing at her.

She is so cute.

They couldn't help but smile at her sight.