˚ ☁︎ ˚ Smile

« 笑顔 »

"Please don't leave me , Haewon.",Sunghoon held her close.

Haewon raised her hand, patting his back,"I won't.",pulling away, she cupped his cheeks wiping off his tears,"Do you want to talk? I will listen to you."

---

Both sat on the swings as Sunghoon stared at the ground, while she listened to him talk.

"...It was my dad's birthday that day. I planned to surprise him at his office and asked mom to arrive there...but...",tears escaped his eyes,"...we found out about his affair with an employee there...she was a single mother and had a son with the same age as mine..."

Haewon placed her hand over his.

"Mom...was so heartbroken. She rushed out from his office. I ran after her...but...",he broke out into tears,"...a truck had hit her...right in front of m-my eyes...I wish I had never planned the surprise...she would have been alive...it's all because of me..."

She wrapped her arms around his shoulder hugging him tight,"...It's not your fault. What makes you think it was your fault?",tears formed in her eyes,"Don't tell me, you blamed yourself for all these years..."

He sobbed glancing at her,"Haewon..."

"It was just that...the time was not in your favour. It was just that...death is an inevitable part of life. It was not your fault, Sunghoon."

He gazed at her, tenderly.

"You know? Everything a mother wants is their child's happiness... Do you think your mom will be happy...seeing you in this state ?"

He wiped off his tears.

"...Sunghoon, it's time that you let go of your past...accept yourself...accept the fact of your life without blaming yourself...move on...",she let her gaze meet his,"You will , right?"

"...You will be with me , right?"

She flashed a smile,"Of course!"

His lips formed a weak smile,"...I will try...my best."

"AYE. YOU DEFINITELY WILL !",she cheered him up,"...Sunghoon, recently...I met him."

"Whom?",he seemed confused.

"...Jake.",she paused for a moment,"Will you promise me something?",she extended her pinky to him .

He linked his pinky with hers and she sealed it with her thumb,"You promised me. So, no turning back."

"... Go on."

"Jake...he really cares for you so much. When I talked to him, I felt his brotherly emotion towards you. Please accept him as your brother. Sunghoon...he is someone you can rely on..."

"You are there, Haewon.",he lowered his gaze.

"...I might not be there...everytime. Please Sunghoon ...",she clutched his shirt's sleeves.

He reluctantly nodded.

The sides of her lips curved,"Thank you...for listening to me."

"Thank you...for being with me.",he flashed a smile .

She raised her hand to pat his head but paused mid-way.

"BEND YOUR HEAD DOWN AT LEAST!",she complained,"YOU ARE TOO TALL."

He let out a soft chuckle and lowered his head for her.

She patted his hair with a satisfied grin with both exchanging laughters.

Heeseung stood at a distance, his gaze fixed at them.

He was right. It was Sunghoon, Haewon's crush.

He lowered his gaze biting on his lower lip.

He had decided to meet her and confess his genuine emotions towards her but her happiness was someone else.

// HEESEUNG'S HOME //

"Grandma , I am back.",Heeseung took his shoes off heading towards his granny.

His ill grandma slowly rose from her bed,"Heeseung...",she coughed,"...Did you get the fruits?"

He nodded sitting next to her and then,  glanced at his parents' picture.

It was their memorial tomorrow.

The old lady hugged her grandson  softly patting his back.

He had lost them at such a tender age. Ever since then he has been afraid to love.

The pain of losing someone we love , who would have known it better than him?

Haewon had always cheered him and helped him to open up in the recent years.

It was all because of her, he gathered the courage to love someone. He found himself falling for Sinyoung but she  faked it.

It felt as if his little world broke once again. He thought he would get seeped in darkness all over again but that's when he gazed at her face.

As if his life was showered with rainbows and sunshine. Her smile and solely Haewon's existence made him so happy.

He embraced his grandma tight.

"I wish you loved me back."

He mumbled under his breath as a tear escaped his eyes.

"Haewon."