Chapter Fifteen

June 5th, 2010
Howard University

I was finishing up with my classes for the day. I had my first day of softball practice then a dinner with my parents. They came into town to get some more stuff from the house, Spence was also coming. I wanted Jennifer to meet them tonight. After all she is the reason why I'm staying in the states.

"Hey Prentiss!" I heard someone yell. I turned around and noticed my coach coming towards me.

"Hey Coach Rossi, how are you?"

"Hi kiddo I'm doing good. How was the aboard program?" We started walking to the locker room.

"It was good. Didn't really learn much, half the time the tour guide was sick then some activities got canceled. Oh! I met the Queen of England!" He chuckled.

"Of course you did kid. How's Spencer?"

"He's doing better, he said he liked the newest book you just put out" you see Rossi is also a well known author and ex-FBI agent. Spence loves reading his crime books and listening to his lectures of profiling.

"Ah the Drs review, tell him once he gets done I have a friend down at the BAU looking at him. Jason Gideon."

"I will let him know. He's actually visiting, I'll bring him up here tomorrow" we talked some more before I went and changed for practice. We have a big game coming in two weeks and I needed to play my best.

...

I got done with practice around 5pm and my dinner was at 8, I had three hours. On my way home I called Jennifer.

"Hello?" She said as her voice filled the car. I smiled to myself.

"Hey, I just got done with practice, what are you doing?"

"Just updating the playbook and looking at new players, what's up?"

"I was wondering, if you're comfortable, if you would like to come to dinner with my parents and I?" There was silence. "Hello?"

"Are you sure? I mean.. Your mom is kind of the ambassador and y'all are rich. I don't want to feel like an outsider.. Plus I don't have anything nice to wear"

"Come over and we can go shopping. It's just a simple dinner and Spence will be there as well" another moment of silence. I chewed on my lip as I waited for her answer.

"Okay fine, I'll be there in 20 minutes" we hung up and I finished my drive home. When I got there I rushed upstairs to change out of my smelly clothing before Jennifer got there.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I was nervous to meet Emily's parents. I mean I'm a nobody, her parents might not like that and I don't want them to think I'm in it for the money because it's more than that. I throw on some clothes and I grab everything I need before heading out to Emily's place.

Once I pull up to Emily's place, I get out my car heading up, I ring the doorbell once I arrive and wait. She throws the door open less than 10 seconds later.

"Hey" I step inside and put my stuff on the couch as we walk into the living room.

"Hey babe, how was practice?" I ask as she grabs her shoes to throw them on.

"It went good, coach says we have a good chance at winning the big game, how was your day?"

"It was good. Had lunch with Pen and Tara" she grabs her phone, keys, and wallet and we leave going down to the parking garage. We slip into her car and she pulls onto the road heading towards the mall.

"Why are your parents in town?"

"They have some stuff to get from the house. Plus Spence wanted to see me that's why he's coming, are you nervous?"

"A little but sooner or later I was going to have to meet them. Think they'll like me?"

She reaches over and grabs my hand as we stop at a red light.

"They're going to love you Jennifer. As long as you make me happy I think that's the only thing they care about"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

City Center DC

Jennifer and I arrived at the mall to find us some outfits for the night. My mom had texted me the dinner info and we had to wear something classy causal meaning I needed to wear a suit while Jennifer wore a dress. We walked through the mall holding hands, I stopped and got Jennifer a Starbucks coffee. We first stopped at a suit store I always go to and of course my tailor was working.

"Emily! It's been a while since I've seen you!" He pulls me into a hug "Who is this gorgeous being with you?" He asks looking at Jennifer. She blushes holding her hand out, he grabs it placing a kiss against it.

"This is Jennifer, Jennifer this is Mark my tailor and a family friend"

"Nice to meet you Mark"

"So Emily what are we looking for today?" I explain what I needed it for and he went to find the perfect suit. Once he found it, I put it on and he went to work making it how I liked it, while he did the sewing and hemming we went to find Jennifer an outfit.

Once we picked up my outfit we left and headed back towards my place. We rushed upstairs and jumped in the shower together and that didn't turn out so great because once we got out we had 30 minutes before we had to meet my parents. We rushed around my room getting ready.

"Wow.. You look amazing Jennifer" I said as Jennifer stepped out of the bathroom. She had soft curls falling over her shoulder and she smelt like the sweetest drug ever. "Come here" she walked to where I was standing in front of the mirror; she stepped in front of me and looked over us in the mirror. She grabbed my phone started taking pictures. I chuckled and kissed her neck.

"Let's go" we grabbed everything we needed and rushed back downstairs to my car. Once we got buckled in I put the car in sport mood and took off down the street. We pulled up to the restaurant with time to spare.

"Here goes nothing" Jennifer said as I grabbed her hand walking into the restaurant.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

The dinner is next, do we want Emily's parents to love Jennifer or give her the cold shoulder first?

Stay tuned for more the story is gonna turn into something different and very unexpected. 😈

Also, Rossi made an appearance, Hotch will be next soon.