sasikos Birthday

Nejis pov

I pulled my daughter into my arms and kissed her all over.

"today's your birthday sweetheart" I said excitedly.

"yayyyy" she giggled. God she has the cutest laugh. One year ago I was afraid that I was going to lose my baby at the hands of my own uncle. Now she's celebrating her first birthday. I'm so proud of how far my little girl has come.

"where's daddy's little birthday princess" shikamaru scooped us both in his arm earning excited squeals from sasiko. I chuckled softly. He's such a dork when it comes to sasiko!

"come on princess let's make you the best first birthday ever!" with that he carried us downstairs.

Me and shikamaru started decorating while sasikos played with saruto and hu-mon played together. They were such good friends for one's so young. They rarely fought. I don't know what we did to deserve such good kids.

Once the decorations were up the other residents finally arrived home. It would have been nice of them to help us decorate but I guess we can't ask for everything!

"aww look how big our little neice have gotten" sakura and hinata said cuddling sasiko.

The party started. We played party games with the children, cooked party food and finally brought out the cake and sang happy birthday. Sasiko blew out her candles ending her birthday.

I kissed her cheek lovingly. I really am blessed to have such a beautiful little girl.