Chapter 11: Disaster

"You are not real. You are not true. You are nothing." (Joyce, William. The Sandman: The Story of Sanderson Mansnoozie. Atheneum Books, 2012.)

~🌟~

Pitch's eyes slowly opened slowly revealing that he was in a sand-made building. He saw pillars and small windows and he also noticed that he was now on a bed. Pitch snapped out of the bed as memories started rolling back into the forefront of his head. Sandman stood before him. He politely waved and smiled. Pitch glared at him.

"I said no dreamsand!" Pitch yelled. The shadows around him turned into black spike-like figures. Pitch seethed with anger. His breathing had become erratic and Sandman didn't know what to do.

He didn't do much as Pitch grabbed his arm and started walking out of the bedroom. "If you want to be scared then I'll scare you. I'll scare you so hard that you'll did from the terror." Sandman tried to get away from his grip but it was useless. The guardian of dreams brought out one of his dream whips but when Pitch glared at him he let it disappear into the night sky. Sandman started understanding how powerful fear could be.

Pitch formed Onyx and the two set off into the mainland. Pitch never let go of Sandman's hand as they transversed over the ocean and seas. They stopped in a very similar spot. It was where Jaime and his friends lived. Everyone was having a dreamless sleep. Unconscious they would remember nothing. Nothing good, nothing bad.

Pitch created a black of Black Sand and threw it at Jamie's head. It hit and the little boy started tossing and turning according to his bad dream. Pitch does this to all of his friends, making Sandman watch every single one. Pitch laughed a minimal laughter as though he was being controlled by something else. Like he had gone insane.

Pitch went house to house, spreading nightmare wherever he went. He made Sandman watch all of them and he taunted the man as well.

"You cannot do anything."
"Oh, how the mighty fall."
"You are nothing without your powers."

The last one hit him hardest. It looked out that even he was controlled by a little bit of fear.

"You can't even speak."

Sandman didn't hear anything else. He wouldn't speak because he was afraid of taking the children. Pitch had control over him in that aspect. He had to do something. Pitch wanted to she Emily, then he would tell him.

"She's Mother Nature!" Sandman yelled as if it were a battle cry.

Pitch stopped giving children nightmares and extras looked at Sandman. At that moment, he didn't see the guardian of dreams, he saw Sanderson Mansnoozie. A man that he wasn't that familiar with.

"She lives here," Sandman created a sort of map for Pitch. When the touched it it turned black, but the man could still read it. "The last time I saw Emily Jane wished that she could be washed clean of her old life and to let go of her tide of sorrows and find her way to a new shore." Sanderson looked into Pitch eyes. Hope shown through them and the dream of seeing his daughter again.

"I hope that you can help."