The Test

Brooklyn’s P.O.V.

It had been three days since the funeral and it seemed to have gotten better. Maybe a random outburst of tears but nothing bad. Zayn had been gone almost every day leaving me and the girls at home. Angela came over yesterday soon left. And now I’m sitting with my head stuck in a toilet throwing the contents of my breakfast into the pearl white bowl. I stopped and rested my cheek on the cold floor, finding the coldness refreshing. As there was a knock on the door another wave of nausea hit me and I threw up again.

“Brooklyn?” Waliyha asked.

I raised my head and I felt like I had been run over by a truck.

“Are you ok?”

“No, I feel like dying,” I said a groaned.

“You want me to call Zayn?”

“NO!” I exclaimed. She looked startled. I did not want to call Zayn; he was probably screwing the brains out Perrie.

“Angela?” She suggested. I nodded. She left the bathroom but not before giving me a damp towel which I put behind my neck.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Here, take this,” Angela handed me a cup of tea. I grimaced. I had not been able to keep down food ever since Tricia’s passing and it was starting to get out of hand. I took a small sip of the cup, it tasted like cardboard to my dry mouth.  

“Do you think it could be a bug?” She asked. I nodded. I mean what else could it be?

“Why don’t you call a doctor?” Waliyha asked. I shook my head. Doctors meant needles. And I don’t work with needles.

“I think Waliyha is right, Brooklyn. You might need to see a doctor,” Angela second.

I shook my head no again. There was no way I would see a doctor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That night I went to sleep on Zayn’s side of the bed. He never came home at night. Maybe sleeping at one of the lad’s houses or Perrie’s, at this point it didn’t really matter. Soon we were going to get a divorce and everything will go back to the way it used to be. Me moving back to my old apartment. Him staying in this bog mansion. Me going to work as a teacher and him moving in his big pop star life. Everything will go back to normal. Before this big super star walked into my life.  Before he turned my world upside down. Before he reminded me what it was to love. Before he reminded me what it was to be heartbroken again. That night I fell asleep with tears running down my cheeks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Days later

“How late are you?” Angela asked.

I shrugged, “A few days…”

“Well that could mean everything. Every woman in their life is at least late once on their lives.”

“I.. “

“And it’s not like you sleep around. The only person you told you ever had sex with was with Zayn and it’s not like you –“ She looked at my guilty face expression and trailed off. “You didn’t…did you?”

I nodded.

“We need a pregnancy test.”

~*~*~*~*~*

“What do I do?” I hissed at Angela. We had been in the bathroom for the past 5 minutes. Just hoping the girls were distracted enough to not need me or Angela. I looked at the three different pregnancy tests

“Well,” Angela said looking at the instruction on the box, “You pee in the cup and then we dip that stick in it and we wait ten minutes. If the end of the stick turns blue you are pregnant, if it turns green you are not pregnant.”

I nodded and waited until Angela left. I peed in the cup then dipped the sticks to urine for five seconds, and then I put toilet paper on the counter and set down both sticks there. I poured the urine in the toilet and flushed. I walked out of the bathroom and sat down next to Angela. She set the timer for five minutes. The time seemed endless. When the bell rung I felt like I had been waiting a century. I looked at Angela.

“I can’t do this,” I whispered.

‘You have too,” She said. I took a deep breath and stood up with shaky legs and walked into the bathroom. I looked over at the counter. And…

~*~*~*~*~*

DUN DUN DUN DUNN I’m sorry but CLIFFHANGER! Sorry guys shit happens…hahaha I couldn’t right a lot cause I’m being bothered my Kellan ( My friend ;) ) But I hope you guys like it! And thank you for reading and commenting and voting. You know I love those votes and comments!

Love you guys!

~Sharon