What To Do

America's POV

"Why would they decide that that was a good idea?" I said as I paced back and forth.

'Dad, please try and calm down.' I heard Unorganized Territory said.

"What do you think I'm doing Nize?" I snapped, before sighing, "Sorry. I'm just very stressed right now, and the headache isn't helping."

"Then sleep Union." Confederacy said from where he was leaning against the wall.

"Can you please fuck off?" I snapped.

"No. I care about the states too, and they saw me, which means I should be involved in this. Especially over the fact that you threatened to nuke Mexico if she said who I was. People are going to try and figure out who I am. Wouldn't it be better to just tell them?" Confederacy asked.

"No." I said.

'Dad. Hear him out. You can't just shut down the conversation every time the Civil War comes up.' Unorganized Territory said.

"I can and I will Nize." I said. Unorganized Territory sighed.

"None of them are going to accept me being a secret, especially with how you reacted to my presence. Of all the brain dead, stup-" I cut off Confederacy.

"Well maybe if someone hadn't walked into a damn meeting and showed his face to the rest of the countries I wouldn't have had to!" I argued back, as Confederacy pushed himself off the wall, marching over to me, and jabbing his finger in my chest.

"Well I'm sorry for trying to fucking help you Union. I was hoping that Tex hadn't walked into the damn room yet, but he had already entered. Next time you get yourself in trouble, I just won't help you then! How would you feel about that?" Confederacy said.

'Don't say something stupid Dad. Calm down and leave before you two start fighting again, because that's the last thing we need at the moment.' Unorganized Territory said.

"I would be so fucking grateful. I don't need help from you Confederacy." I responded.

"Oh, you don't need my help? Then explain to me how you didn't get killed on Okinawa." Confederacy responded.

"Fuck you." I spat before marching past him, going to exit my room.

"You can't ignore the war forever! And you can't pretend like I don't exist either!" Confederacy said as I marched out.

"Get the fuck out of my house!"  I responded. I heard Unorganized Territory sigh.

'Really Dad?' She asked. I stayed silent, before sighing.

"I'm stressed." I replied, rubbing at my forehead in an attempt to lessen the headache.

'We all are.' Unorganized Territory said. After a brief moment, she began talking again, 'You should talk to Morocco. He knew, but didn't tell you. Maybe you should talk to him. It might help take your mind off the worst case scenarios you keep thinking of.'

"I'm not thinking of worst case scenarios!" I protested.

'Yes you are. I can hear them.' Unorganized Territory said. I groaned, not liking the reminder.

"I'm not going to bother Morocco." I said.

'You wouldn't bother him! Probably. I just...Dad, you can't ignore things you don't want to deal with. He already knew. Talk to him...or you could talk to your family.' Unorganized Territory said. If I could see her face, I'm pretty sure she would be smirking.

"Nope! Talking to Morocco seems like an excellent idea!" I said quickly.

'Glad you think so.' Unorganized Territory said. I saw movement in the corner of my eye.

"LIBERIA! You leave this house and you are in even more trouble!" I called over to my son, who was trying to sneak out the window with the help of Illinois.

"Fuck!" Liberia exclaimed, as Illinois began laughing.

"Sorry little bro. Guess you aren't escaping Dee and Dad's wrath today." He said. Liberia flipped him off.

"I was going to visit Morocco, but I think I need to assign you and Texas your punishments for causing this shitshow first. Noi, can you find Dee and Tex?" I asked him. Illinois nodded.

"On it." He said before pulling out his phone and calling someone, probably Nevada. If Illinois was trying to sneak Liberia out of my house, then Nevada was probably doing the same with Texas.

"Hey Vady. Change of plans." He said as he walked off, either to get to where Nevada was, or to get DC. I then turned to Liberia.

"Why was today's shitshow necessary Lib?" I asked him. Liberia shrugged.

"It wasn't." He said. I groaned, and Unorganized Territory began laughing.

"Then why would you do it?" I asked, trying to ignore Unorganized Territory's laughter.

"I got tired of waiting for you to get on board. Other countries have states, territories, autonomous zones, and all of them are personified! You displayed yourself as an outlier. Eventually someone was going to get suspicious and track you down, and find out. Better for them to know, so we can prepare for what might happen." Liberia explained.

'He has a point Dad.' Unorganized pointed out. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I noticed Nize." I said.

"Noticed what? That I have a point? That I'm right?" Liberia pressed. I lowered my hand.

"You do have a point. But you could have told me that point to make sure everyone was on board. A lot of states preferred being secret, so they didn't have to interact with certain countries. You could have told us your concerns, we could have decided on it!" I countered.

"Well if there's one thing I know, it's that what's done is done. We can't undo what the dumbasses did, but we can figure out how to adapt to this. After we punish the dumbasses of course." DC said as she walked into the room, followed by Texas.

And Illinois who was filming Texas on his phone.

"Will you stop that?" Texas snapped. Illinois shook his head.

"Not a chance little bro. I'm not missing this blackmail opportunity." Illinois said. Texas and Liberia both groaned.

"Pa make him stop this." Texas asked.

'Please don't. It's funny and can be part of their punishment.' Unorganized Territory chimed in, amusement in her voice.

"Nize, I like the way you think." I said. Texas groaned, and I smiled, enjoying the normality of the moment.

It was always nice to have a moment of peace before everything changed.