Page 168

One year later, the seventeen-year-old Prince Andrew secretly retrieved from his secret compartment a strange black book called 'Forbidden Arts'. He started to secretly practice martial arts under the celestial old man named 'Omega' when he was only five years old but due to his busy schedule in balancing his time between lessons, studying, quality time with Beatrix, being a good son, other princely tasks, and their tight competition with his imperial brother, he was not able to properly focused in practicing martial arts; consequently, he did not immediately reach the highest level of martial arts as fast as what was expected of him by his Master Omega.

It was only after the drowning incident that he realized that he needs to take more precautions since his imperial brother is very serious about his goal to erase his existence in this world so he focused on practicing his martial arts every night by reducing his sleeping time to half!

When he finally reached the highest level of martial arts, his master gave him the book named 'Forbidden Arts' to practice and acquire the special abilities in the book.

Nine special abilities are needed to be mastered in the 'Forbidden Arts' namely: invisibility, levitation, telepathy, teleportation, illusion, healing, mind reading, clairvoyance, and space and time manipulation.

Prince Andrew sighed helplessly because he was not able to master any of those abilities...

Well, not yet!

He thought as he began to study and practice the first ability before he could proceed to the next ability. His Master said that each ability is a prerequisite to obtaining stability and control over the next ability, especially the last and most dangerous ability!

At the same time, the seventeen-year-old Prince Anders secretly retrieved from his secret compartment a strange black book called 'Dark Arts'. He also started to secretly practice martial arts under another celestial old man named 'Alpha' when he was only five years old but due to his busy schedule, he was also not able to properly focus on practicing his martial arts. As a result, he also did not immediately reach the highest level of martial arts as fast as what was expected of him by his Master Alpha.

It was only after the drowning incident that he realized that he needs to be more careful and prepared since his imperial brother turned the table against him! He failed to eliminate his brother and worse, he almost lost his life! He focused on practicing his martial arts every night by cutting a quarter of his time intended to study lessons and another quarter of his time intended to his sleep!

When he finally reached the highest level of martial arts, his master gave him the book named 'Dark Arts' to practice and acquire the special abilities in the book.

Nine special abilities are needed to be mastered in the 'Dark Arts' namely: spell casting, psychokinesis, mind control, soul transfer, body possession, energy stealing, regeneration, necromancy, and resurrection.

Prince Anders sighed worriedly because he was not able to master any of those abilities...

Well, not yet!

And so Prince Anders followed his Master's instruction to study the first ability before proceeding to the next ability to avoid irreversible and disastrous results!

The days passed peacefully as Beatrix and the two princes continued to do their usual routine and tediously followed the schedule arranged for them by the Emperor and Empress...

Another year passed. The eighteen-year-old Prince Andrew did not know if winning the annual princely competition three times in a row is a blessing or curse... One day, the emperor summoned him. When he entered, he saw his Imperial Father and Imperial Brother laughing heartily but when his Imperial Father saw him, he straightened his posture and suddenly became very serious.

"Imperial Brother, I made a nice suggestion to our Imperial Father since you successfully won the yearly event three times straight. I am sure that you will be very happy as they are the tasks vital in running the empire. Imperial Father and I strongly believe that you are the best person to do it." Prince Anders smoothly informed his brother and then gave him a gentle and sweet smile which made Prince Andrew feel like being stabbed over and over again!

"First Son, your Imperial Brother has a very wise suggestion. I thought about it and it sounds great! I am so proud of you both! One of you is so kind and understanding..." The Emperor sincerely looked at Prince Anders. "While the other one is so intelligent and capable..." The Emperor looked at Prince Andrew this time.

Prince Andrew felt so good as he is being praised by his Imperial Father until the latter told him. "So moving forward, you will also be performing the following tasks!" The Emperor gave him a list of additional tasks! Those are very important and difficult workloads that are originally done by his imperial brother!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved