Page 167

Both Prince Andrew and Prince Anders survived the drowning incident. Beatrix always finds time to visit them and encourages them to drink their medicine, which they happily did. Soon, the two princes were able to go back to their normal routine after they are fully recovered and carefully monitored by the new group of outstanding physicians. When the two princes were left alone one day, they seriously talked to each other...

"Imperial Brother, why can't you stay dead?" Prince Anders gently asked his brother while sipping his tea.

"Why ask me if you could die instead?" Prince Andrew calmly replied as he also tasted his tea.

"You are right! Experience is the best teacher. Do not worry, Imperial Brother! I will not fail next time..." Prince Anders told him while having a serene smile on his face.

"I see... Then you will have to work harder because I will never allow you to win and obtain what belongs to me." Prince Andrew replied then he shrugged.

"What made you so sure that what I want belongs to you?" Prince Anders gave him a curious look.

"You will never understand it even if I tell you. Why don't you open your eyes and observe? You will know the answer." Prince Andrew told him matter-of-factly.

"For such a simple question, you gave me a lengthy reply." Prince Anders sipped his tea again before he continued. "I always have been thinking... What if we have some sort of agreement?"

"What do you have in mind?" Prince Andrew probed deeper although his instinct is telling him that he will never like this agreement.

"Which one do you prefer... Is it the throne or Beatrix?" Prince Anders asked his brother seriously. His instinct told him that his brother will never agree but it is always worth asking directly.

"Why choose if I can have both?" Prince Andrew told him directly and honestly.

"Imperial Brother, you are very greedy and ambitious! You do not want to share or give... You want everything for yourself!" Prince Anders smoothly declared then he added. "That is why I know I will get what I want because I am very determined and focused on one thing."

"Imperial Brother, take my advice. Do not be too presumptuous. You know I can multitask..." Prince Andrew informed his brother then he calmly took another sip of his tea after checking its quality.

"Sure! Sure! Thanks for the advice!" Prince Anders smiled contentedly and raised his cup like a sign of 'Cheers'.

Prince Andrew did the same and they harmoniously sipped their tea together. At that moment, they looked like a beautiful picturesque of perfect and harmonious siblings...

After the drowning incident, the Emperor decided to add swimming in their lesson to the excitement of the three individuals involved! He also assigned huge and scary-looking eunuchs to guard all the existing deep bodies of water inside the palace to avoid the same incident.

The Emperor thought that he could not afford to take another chance. His two sons almost died and the way they almost died was very humiliating to their status and the face of the Sky Imperial Family!

They better die fighting on a battlefield than die by drowning! It is very humiliating!

The Emperor thought, feeling so annoyed as a headache is beginning to torment him...

When Beatrix knew about the newly added lesson, she became so excited! She loves to plunge in her bathtub so plunging in a larger body of water is a real paradise to her! The other two people have their own happy and exciting scenes running in their minds when they heard about it so they are more excited than her but to their extreme disappointment, unlike the other lessons, Beatrix was trained by a female swimming instructor in a separate man-made lake inside the palace while the two princes were trained by the same guard who rescued them in the same man-made lake where they almost died! The guard's name is Avel Ferrer, a son of a fisherman who grew up swimming in the sea. He was promoted and rewarded handsomely after the incident. He was assigned by the emperor to a very important task and that is to teach the two princes how to swim very well and survive even if they are thrown in the middle of the ocean!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved