Page 36

"Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Do not say that! My wife is the prettiest woman to me! She is the prettiest woman in the world! I do not care if others think badly of her! You should not judge her!" The drunk Zander told his drinking buddies.

"You have a very strong stomach, my friend!!!" Prince Anders replied and they laughed again. "So what is it like to sleep with a monster?!" Prince Anders asked as he drank another cup of liquor.

Zander accepts another cup, drinks it like it is water, and replies: "Secret... That secret is between me, her, and the bed!!! " And they laughed again. "What about you? Do you have a harmonious relationship with your wife?" Zander asked directly, very drunk people could not think of the consequences.

"I will tell you a secret... This is only between us... My Imperial Brother and I are still virgins!!!" Prince Anders told him excitedly.

Prince Andrew's face is as dark as a pot now! He scolded his brother not to drink anymore!

"Do not listen to him. He is talking nonsense. He is very drunk, he forgot his manners." Prince Andrew told Zander.

"What nonsense?!! It is the truth!!! Zander King, listen to me, I will tell you another secret..." Prince Anders wants to reveal another secret but his brother stood up now and prevented him from making more trouble by calling his guards and ordering them to escort his brother back to his mansion.

"I am sorry about my brother. Do not take it seriously, he is just drunk." Prince Andrew apologized.

"I understand, Your Highness. I also need to go. It is already so late in the evening and my wife is waiting for me. She cannot eat her dinner without me. She cannot sleep without me. Please excuse this humble servant, Your Highness!" Zander King made up an excuse as his head is beginning to ache and spin a lot now. He could not take it anymore! He is about to lose consciousness so he made it appear that his wife is so clingy and obsessed with him to make an excuse to go home now.

Prince Andrew nodded and watched him depart...

If not for my Imperial Brother, I should have known many things by now... Truly a pity...

Zander was scolded by his wife for drinking too much with the princes but that day paved the golden days of Zander King's life. The emperor and his two sons seemed to like him so much that he became very close to the imperial family. He is called the 'Third Prince' by the officials who do not like him behind the imperial family's back because he is favored by the Emperor like an imperial son and he always hangs out with the two princes.

Most of the time, he did his job as a second rank Minister without his wife's help but there are times when Beatrix would personally help him or suggest something to improve his idea. Slowly, he is beginning to create his mark in the court. Many officials supported him now unlike before.

The only thing that did not change is he would usually come home early and would usually yet politely decline the princes' invitation to drink again. Every time he was forced to go out after the court meetings with the princes, he never allowed himself to drink more than three cups of liquor. He would never dare to drink that much again!

He could never forget Beatrix's reaction when he went home that night. She ordered the servants to make him a sobering soup and angrily rubbed his face, neck, shoulder, chest, belly, and back with a wet towel!

She scolded him and asked him what he told the princes during the entire drinking session. She made him change his clothes and drink the sobering soup. When he feels better, she told him one thing that made him freeze then sobered up immediately...

"Zander King, be careful with the people around you in the court, especially the imperial family! If you dare exposed me and my family's secret, I will divorce you immediately and you are on your own!" She declared and left him there with a shocked and worried look.

After that, he remembered that since he is the one who married into the General's family so it is his wife who has the power to divorce him. Not the other way around. He does not want his wife to divorce him so he immediately reconciles with her that night even though his head is still aching so much! He promised not to drink that much anymore and to protect her and the family's secret with his life. She only nodded and forgave him.

It saddened him so much that ever since his wife allowed him to do his job on his own and stopped teaching him, his wife also stopped visiting his courtyard! He is lonely without her so he mustered his courage to visit his wife instead. He ate breakfast and dinner with her during the days that he has court meetings. He told his wife every detail of the court meetings daily since he observed that she is interested in it. That is his greatest excuse to see his wife daily!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved