12.

"And that's exactly why Gotham needs me!" The microphone picks up the sound and roams through the speaker in Gotham Square Garden. The sounds of applause lit up as mayor-elect Bella Reál is giving a victory speech to a crowd full of Gotham's people.

On each corner, my visions are able to see from all angles, as well as the mayoral. The arena is a large enclosed platform with the shape of a circular massive structure. Massive metallic structures of lights coming from the gigantic floodlights are blinding as it shines down on the stage. The excitement and anticipation in the air come from the crowd, as thousands of people cram their way toward the stage. The Light coming from the gigantic floodlights is blinding, it shines down on the stage. I stand above the stage on the stellium rafters in complete stillness as my eyes scan the area. You can smell the cold winter breeze.

Bella Reál grabs the microphone and approaches the audience down the staircase attached to the stage, as she continues her speech. Her bodyguards hold their position on top of the stage, watching her movements. One of them disappears behind the curtain. It catches my attention as I squint my eyes.

A dark figure appears in the corner of my eye emerging from the audience. My eyes trail off to the target, observing his figure as he slowly slides through the crowd, aiming his target at the mayoral. The glimpse of a compact pistol catches my attention as he hides it behind his back. He is wearing a black mask to hide his identity, which made it easy to expose his motive; however, it brings to my attention how effortlessly it is to spot another one. It turns out there's another one trying to move towards the mayoral as she greets her audience. My eyes quickly dart from both suspects, till I catch onto Carmine standing beside the stage. 

One of the mayoral guards appears beside him, motioning closer to his ear. My feet slowly inches backward, disappearing into the shadows from the rafters.

The sounds of various noisemakers filled the air once again

The crowd shouting of various noisemaking fills the air, eyes glued on the mayoral approaching each person, shaking as many hands she can get to. The masked man slides the pistol from his back to the front of his chest, stretching his arm forward, aiming toward Bella Reál. He darts his eyes to his partner from the crowd, slightly nodding for approval. His partner gives him the signal, trailing his eyes back to the mayoral. The masked man tightens the grip of the pistol, blending into the crowd to hide his agenda. The audience continues to cheer. Suddenly I peek up behind the masked man, pulling him back firmly by grabbing the scruff at the back of his neck, my arms wrap around the pipe hole as I clench the surface of the adam's apple. He drops the pistol to the ground with an instant reaction, clawing his fingers at my forearm and gasping for air. I tighten my arms further behind his air, hearing the sound of a small ragging gasp escaping his throat. The masked man slowly fades away, dropping his entire weight onto my chest. I release my grip, letting him slide down my chest, and grab the back of his collar, dragging him away from the crowd. The constant cheering takes away the attention, but not from his other partner. He quickly marches through the audience, nailing after me. I lower my head to disappear with the people as I reach the end of it, releasing the hold of the masked man as he drops flat on the floor. His partner leaves the crowd and inches toward me before swinging his fist out to hit me. My body moves at high speed and manages to dodge his punch, as I grab ahold of his forearm and quickly throw my fist against his face. The sound of a shuddering voice parts his lips, but I find the addiction to hit him again. The adrenaline rises in my blood, brutally beating the face till he lands on the ground, continuously bashing his face to a pulp as I kneel over his body. My breathing escalates, inhaling every molecule from the atmosphere. A lady from the audience trails her eyes to his lifeless body, and my body kneels to the ground in front of it. She begins to scream hysterically and catches the back of the crowd, paying attention in her direction. The sound of horror copies from each person running in fear. I kneel back up, watching everyone rush past me and towards the gates. My eyes dart around, hearing the sound of the mayoral speaking on the mic; "Calm down everyone!". One of the bodyguards reacts instantly for her safety. My eyes scan the audience for Carmine, glancing towards the stage but he's gone. My nostril flares in annoyance, scanning each spots for his appearance, but it's too late. I feel the familiar urge to burst out in anger knowing he slip out of my sight.

Special police forces appear behind the stage, evacuating the place as they follow up the crowd. I shot my eyes at every corner, disappearing in the dark; blending into the shadow once again.

I shut off my motorcycle inside the Wayne Depot Subway station, sliding the helmet off my head. My eyes dart around my surroundings as the silence lingers on. My feet approach the desk as I place my helmet on top of it, setting my backpack underneath it. I remove the technological contact lenses and place each one of them on the uploaded sensor, recording the data onto my computer. I need to see everything to capture live feeds from my perspective, and scan individuals' faces to positively identify them. The reality simulations is producing  re-enactments of different scenarios for me, to fast-forward and rewind in order to find clues. Surely enough it scans the masked man and his partner, turns out one of them works for the police department; William 'Bill' Kenzie. I press the pat of my finger onto the keyboard, speeding up the video to find out where Carmine disappears to.

I spend a couple of minutes rewinding and speed further into the video, scanning through the fight that takes place as the audience screaming from the top of their lungs in fear. My eyes squints in thin line till I pause the video, glancing at the bodyguard that supposedly works for the mayoral, whispering into Carmine's ears; It made sense. He works for him under the low to assassinate Bella Reál, helping Tom Crawford's dirty work to win the election. I take in a deep breath, tapping forward into the video.

The video reveals Carmines appearens as I come to a pause, watching every movement after the incident. He wasn't alone. Five officers came up to him as the video scans each faces. It caught my attention to the name - Chief Markenzie Bock. He helped Carmine escape behind the stage with the rest of the officers. Anger spiraling through me as I watch Carmine escape; I ball my hand into a fist, smashing it against the desk in rage as my nostrils flares in rage.

"How was it?" The voice of Alfred echoes around the cave but I didn't pay attention to him, my eyes are glued to the screen to see every motion.

"Carmine wanted to kill the mayoral for Tom's election." My voice turns lower with bitterness.

Alfred leaves a cup of tea on my table, trailing my eyes to it and then towards Alfred. His inner eyebrows move upwards and his lips pucker with a worrying look.

"Did you save the mayoral?" He asks and I nod a little, glancing back at the computer.

"What's your plan with Daisy?"

"I figured it out." My body lifts up from the chair, walking towards the elevator with a numbness to my voice.

Alfred looks at me with the familiar concerning face, holding onto his stock more carefully. "Well?"

"Katherine will be at the engagement party. She will be spying on Tom and Daisy at eight o'clock. I'll be watching." I tap onto the button of the elevator, incling my attention to the solid ground.

Alfred slightly nods as he slowly limping his way towards as the elevator, reaching to an end.  "And Daisy?"

I shrug a little from irritation, trailing my eyes off to his with an instant. "I'm getting her back. I haven't figured out how."