My choice - chapter 72

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you come in" You step aside as he slowly walks in. You go the kitchen making two cups of tea.

"I guess congratulations are in order" he scoffs nervously. "So how far along are you?"

You rest your hand on your stomach. "About four months" you answer. "It was unexpected, but we're making it work" you say quietly.

"Four months?" Fury questions. "I'm no doctor but you sure don't look like you're only four months pregnant"

You struggle to sit down, the weight of your stomach making every movement difficult. "It's a little complicated.." you stammer.

"I'm here to bring you home" Fury suddenly says.

"What?" You say, as you almost drop your teacup.

"I've taken care of everything, so you can come home" Fury says with a subtle smile.

"I.. I can't" you sigh. As much as this has been everything you wanted to hear, the risks seems far to great.

"What do you mean you can't?" He asks.

"I just got my life back, and although it's far from normal, I'm not risking my babies life" you explain. "Perhaps it's for the best"

"The best?" Fury scoffs.

"I'm sorry, I appreciate everything you've done, but until I've given birth, knowing my children are okay, I'm not going anywhere" you say firmly, as you finish your cup of tea.

Your knees give in as you fall onto the floor. You feel a sharp feeling in your abdomen, like your insides are being torn apart. Your eyes glowing, magic starting to fill your fingertips. Fury rushes to your side, trying to help you up, but as soon as he touches you he gets thrown away.

"Get Loki" you whimper.

"Where is he?" Fury asks in panic as he slowly gets up from the floor, keeping distance to you.

"The bookshop in the city, get him now" you yell. You clench your fists trying to contain your emotions.

Fury runs out the door, yet you remain on the ground, you're unable to move. Just 10 minutes after Loki runs through the door, kneeling down before you. "Don't touch me" you scream.

Loki slowly reaches his hand out, cupping your jaw. You exhale sharply finally able to breathe again. Then he Carries you into the bedroom.

"We need to get her checked out.. she's not in control" Fury says sharply.

Loki sits down on the couch, resting his head between his hands. "I know"

"Then do something about it" Fury hisses.

"I know" Loki repeats sadly. "She's not going anywhere until the Babies are out, we need to bring the help to her" Loki explains.

"Banner?" Fury proposes..

"No.. this isn't medical, it's the stones.. we need The witch doctor guy" Loki says.

"I'll see what I can do" Fury sighs, as he goes outside to take a phone call.

Loki quietly enters the bedroom, he crawls into the bed, pulling you into his arms. You rest your head on his chest, you're heart racing.

"What happened?" He asks quietly, stroking your hair.

"It's nothing" you whisper. "I'm just tired"

"You're a terrible liar.." Loki scoffs. "Are you going to tell me what's really going on? Or do you want me to find out for myself.. you know I will"

"No don't" you say firmly. You let a deep sigh, you have to tell him what's going on, you can't keep hiding.

"I've lost control.. and I fear the only reason I'm alive right now is because of the stones" you explain. "With the babies inside I'm using to much energy keeping them safe.."

"Y/n" he sighs. "You need help"

"From who?" You spit. "Nothing can help, either you kill the babies and keep me alive, or I let them live and die trying" you say sadly. "I know my choice"

"You can't be serious" Loki scoffs. "You're willing to die just to keep them alive?"

"I'd do anything for them.. I can't loose another child" you explain. "There's nothing to do, i just have to hold out long enough for them to-"

Loki gets up, shaking his head, as he looks down at you with pain in his eyes. "You can't just make that decision for us" Loki hisses. "It's my children too, and you're are my wife"

You slowly sit up. "It's my choice.. and I've made it" you hiss back. "End of discussion"

Loki scoffs, before walking out. You lay restless on the bed, feeling their presence inside of you. They're communicating with each other through their minds, communicating with you. The bond you already have with them is stronger than anything you ever experienced. You're not letting them go.

Fury walks in, watching as Loki paces back and forth. Mumbling to himself. "I'm sorry" Fury sighs. "There's nothing that can be done, as long as y/n has those babies inside of her, we can't help her"

"I refuse to believe that" Loki murmurs. "The stones are keeping her alive, without them she would have died, now she's sharing that power with two other people, sucking the energy out of her" Loki explains. "How long before she'll need to give birth for her to survive?"

"10 weeks tops, perhaps even shorter." Fury answers. "If you just come with me-"

"Not happening" you growl, holding onto the doorframe to the living room. "How long before the babies could survive?" You ask.

"Well normally the survival rate is highest after 30 weeks.. and you're only 17 weeks in.." Fury says.

"Then that's how long I'm going to wait.."

"Y/n.. you're dehydrated, severely malnourished. You won't survive 13 more weeks of this" Loki says.

"I don't care" you say coldly. "This is my choice"

They both at look at you with pain in their eyes. "Very well, you give me a call if you change your mind, or if you need any help.. Call Tony" Fury says. As he leaves.

You remain silent in the doorway.

"I'll get Sòl, perhaps she knows what to do" Loki scoffs disappointed, walking out the door as well.

You watch him go, chewing on the inside of your cheeks, until you're bleeding. Looking down at your stomach.

Don't worry my loves.. Mamma is right here, and she's not letting anything happen to you. I'm right here