Choosing a Babysitter

If you could be any magical race, what would it be? It doesn't have to be in Black Clover. I would be a fairy.

------------------------

Alvie didn't know what to choose. A part of her wanted to stay with Prickly Queen since she felt more comforting, but Giant Girl is pretty intimidating. Muscle Man seems to read her the best, but she's spent the least amount of time with him at the hot springs. Scary Lion is scary, but she also surprised Alvie with how considerate she is.

What Alvie really wants is to sleep outside under a nice big tree, maybe even sleep in the tree itself. Unfortunately that's not an option. The three captains all agreed she has to stay with someone.

A little earlier...

After Charlotte had awoken, the three captains gathered together. They needed to figure out what to do with the little girl. The girl in question was busy admiring the wind spirit, who was currently trying to get the golden boy's attention.

"She should stay with one of us for now. Taking her to see Lord Julius so soon might be too much for her" said Charllote.

"Yeah, that old man would probably scare her away with all of his questions" Yami agreed. "We still need to tell him we found her though."

"The two of you can go report it. I'll watch over her"  said the lioness herself. Yami was dumfounded (and worried, but he would never admit it). Mereoleona was one of the last people he'd expect to take in a kid. The only ones above her are String Bean and Bird Braid.

"Wouldn't it be better if we let Alvie choose? She clearly has a hard time around new people" Charlotte chimed in again.

"Alvie? Is that her name? We could always let Goldie take her. She seems pretty comfortable around his rookie" Yami joked.

Alvie was indeed comfortable being around him, but that was because he has the wind spirit. For the most part she ignored him altogether, focusing on the annoying bug girl instead.

"We're the ones who found her, so we should be responsible for her" Charllote chided him. "Forcing Vangeance to look after her would be unfair." Inwardly she was freaking out. What she said made it sound like she and Yami were adopting the child.

"We'll let her choose between the three of us then"  Mereoleona decided at last.

Yami walked up to Alvie and grabbed her by the back of her cloak before walking back to the other captains. Alvie tried squirming away, but she wasn't let go. "Come on, midget. You get to pick one of us to stay with." He then put her down in front of their little group.

Back to the present...

"Well midget? Who's it gonna be?" Yami asked the girl. Normally he wouldn't care, but he didn't want Mereoleona looking after her. The lioness was enough of a beast; he didn't want there to be two of them. "Hurry up and choose. I've got to take a dump."

Prickly Queen glared at him and mumbled something about being vulgar before turning her attention back to Alvie. She was standing in the middle of the three captains, weighing her options. Over a minute later, she looked up at Muscle Man. So far he's understood her the best, and she hasn't met any scary people from his squad yet. There's also the fact that she's never had a motherly figure in her life before. Muscle Man is nothing like her father, but he is a man. Hopefully things won't be too different.

"You're picking me?" he asked her. Alvie nodded, still not quite ready to use her words. "Alright, let's go." He picked her up and swung her onto his back like before. Alvie was expecting it this time, so she didn't struggle.