All Alone

Rumors of a little girl were floating around Clover Kingdom. She was just a peasant. A filthy little commoner. She had no grimoire, no parents, and no place to call home. By some miracle though, she could survive in some of the most hostile places known as strong magic regions. Some said she even wandered through dungeons despite it being against the law.

She was known as the wandering child. No one knew what magic she used, and very few knew what she looked like. Many magic knights have tried to track her down, only to lose sight of her completely.

Currently that little girl is sitting on a large tree branch, listening to the gentle rain. From her perch, Alvie could see the giant three-eyed skull. It's one of her favorite places to visit, specifically the tree she rested on. For nearly four years the girl has been on her own. She doesn't like being alone, but her fear of strangers prevents her from entering any villages or towns.

She spent most of her time traveling, never staying in one place for more than a week. If it was a place she liked, she would come back. But when has always been unpredictable. She doesn't have a specific schedule or pattern. She just goes wherever she pleases.

Alvie never knew who her mother was. Her father rarely spoke of her. Not that Alvie was particularly sad about that; her father had been more than enough. He had taught her everything he knew about magic, from flying a broom to using mana skin. Alvie had to learn if she wanted to go to the strong magic regions with him. He would take her to dungeons to show her the different kinds of trap magic, and he taught her the differences in each spell. They never touched the treasure room.

Everything changed nearly four years ago. Alvie's father brought her into a town to visit the church. He just wanted his little girl to learn to socialize with other children her age. He never intended to bump into a noble. He never meant to be insulting. He never planned to be killed. But that is what happened. And Alvie saw it all. No one came to help her. No one came to tell her everything would be alright. They were all afraid. And she was afraid.

The next few moments had been a complete blur. Alvie's magic went out of control, destroying most of the town. Some buildings had been burned, while others were ensnared by tree roots. The ground was no longer even, and debris had been scattered everywhere by a large gust of wind. Thankfully no one else had died, but many were injured. Alvie had walked away in a daze, passing out a few yards outside the town's boundaries.

Alvie chose to keep exploring. She wanted to learn even more about magic and the world around her. And she wanted to stay close to her father. Exploring was what she had been taught, so exploring is what she will do. She never used her magic attribute again. Alvie only used basic magic that anyone else could potentially do.

The small girl shook her head, not wanting to think of the past any more. Gripping her broom, she stood up on the branch. Deciding it was time to go, she jumped out of the tree. While falling, she put mana into her broom, allowing her to fly before hitting the ground.

A few months ago, Alvie heard a rumor about a dungeon appearing near the boarder of Diamond Kingdom. The magic knights have had more than enough time to explore it. Now it was her turn. Flying South-east, she knows it will be a few days before actually getting there.

I hope most of the trap spells are still there she thought to herself. I wonder what kinds of spells were used. She could hardly wait to see for herself.

She enjoys the feeling of the wind as she flies through the sky, the small rain drops being a bonus today. It was just her and the sky. No one else is there to bother her. No one is there to tell her off for being reckless. No one is there to laugh at any jokes she could make, and no one is there to tease her. No one is there to be her friend.

Alvie is alone. She may be free, but she's all alone.