Siera refrained from letting herself buy whatever before realizing she had to bring something back to family and friends. Of course, this included Jonas's family as gift hunting wasn't one of her husband's prerogatives when he traveled.

"They're so annoying," Sierra told Jonas between gritted teeth when she handed him another present to hold.

"Sierra, look, isn't this cute?" Cynthia said as she struck a pose with a Panama hat.

Sierra turned, "yes, it's cute."

"Cool, I'll get this," Cynthia said as she took the hat off.

Sierra returned her focus to Jonas and her rolled eyes.

The couples separated at the flea market, where Jonas pretexted that he had a water-skiing activity scheduled. It wasn't a lie; they did program a lesson. They just advanced the time when they announced it to the Ackermans.

"Oh, well, see you on the island," Stephan said with his usual enthusiasm while Cynthia displayed a coy smile that said, girl say it, girl, you want to get laid.

The couple left, and Ratu took them back to the resort.

"Can you tell me why they're so clingy?"

Jonas laughed, "I've never met someone like Stephan before. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, though."

"I know; I just wish they would give us some space."

Jonas agreed; the Ackermans annoyed him as much as Sierra, still he could not prevent himself from showing courtesy, "anyway, forget them let's have fun."

Finally, they barely had time to leave Sierra's purchases in their bungalow before they went water skiing. Jonas was a pro at the water activity. It was one of the first sports he tested when he began traveling. Even so, Sierra was impressed she had an overwhelming desire to say "that's my man" to the invisible others.

If the lack of people left an odd sensation at first, she realized one quickly got accustomed to it. She was happier on the small island than in Suva, where it bustled.

It was soon Sierra's turn to try to float on water. Never had Jonas laughed so much.

"Sierra, keep your legs together."

"What?" She yelled before seeing her legs split and losing control. All of Sierra's attempts were a catastrophe. Jonas was glad to retrieve his wife in one piece.

"I'm glad I made you laugh," Sierra said, making a sad emoji face as they walked back to their bungalow from the beach.

Jonas tried to tame renegade laughter as he tried to cheer up Sierra, "we can schedule another lesson tomorrow if you wish."

The woman who succeeded in everything detested being mocked, "stop it, Jonas."

"I'm not laughing," Jonas said, but his eyes betrayed him.

Sierra huffed and hurried ahead only to be caught up by Jonas, who lifted her and carried her like a Persian rug.

"Put me down, Jonas."

"Stop complaining."

"I'm not. Put me down."

The man put her down and stood in front of her, "angry?"

Sierra crossed her arms and looked sideways, "stop making fun of me."

Yes, they were still things to discover about one another; this included knowing when to stop a joke.

"I'm sorry, Sierra," the man said and bent his neck to meet her gaze, "do you hate me?"

"Of course, I don't."

"Do you love me?" His shone with a peculiar speck that reminded Sierra of the Pequa lagoon surrounding them.

"You know I love you."

Jonas grabbed her by the waist and kissed her. His kisses were always gentle. Sierra had the impression of being porcelain when she saw how cautious he was.

They returned to their bungalow. Jonas took a shower while Sierra talked to Leone. He looked better thanks to Millie and Joshua's twins. His cousins were staying the night, and it positively impacted Leone, who returned to his jolly self.

"Baba mama," Leone even hung up on her.

"What a rascal," Sierra blinked in front of Jonas's iPhone screen.

"What is it?" Jonas asked as he entered the bedroom while towel drying his hair.

"Our son just hung up on me."

"He did?"

"Yes, Millie is at your parent's house, and Leone has no time for me. His agenda is too full."

"Don't be jealous, Sierra."

"I'm not; I'm just surprised," Sierra said, getting up to go the bathroom.

"Don't sleep in there," Jonas yelled.

"I won't be long."

"That sounds like a reboot of yesterday with a nuance, Sierra."

"I promise, I'll be quick."

She showered; the water didn't have the same effect as Paris water. Her skin wasn't as dry, nor was hair. On the contrary, her skin's appearance seemed better. Perhaps it was the absence of daily stress; either way, the woman felt good.

This time Sierra opted for a white Aubade Pour Toujours babydoll nightdress and a l'Amour tanga, but just like the night before, the man slept. The only difference was he was in a seated position with his back against the bedhead. The dimmed light gave the space a romantic wink; Sierra opened the bed's curtains and sat next to him, slightly turning to face him.

"Jonas," Sierra whispered and approached. He couldn't be sleeping; she spent less than ten minutes in the bathroom.

She neared her face and touched his cheek, "Jonas," she was about to turn away when he grasped her hand and pulled her back. "I'm not sleeping," he kissed her.