To Jin unnie

Mi-jin, after going through that hell. Had surprisingly found new hope in studying. She had also been trying her best to get Ha-ri to open up to her since arriving at the camp. But Ha-ri might've not noticed it, that just like On-jo, she had been pushing people away, well except Nam-ra and On-jo, but On-jo is also pushing everyone away, again, except Nam-ra.

Today is the first time Ha-ri had talked to her properly, well, she did threatened to tell the officers if they went without her, but that would pass as a proper talk for now. It is still progress for her.

Mi-jin knows Hye-ji before the zombie happened, of course. Who didn't know her anyway? She had grown fond of the girl. If she had known earlier that Hye-ji is close to the girl named Ha-ri, she would've let herself grow closer to the girl. But to be honest, she knows that even if she knew that, she wouldn't.

She knows that she will be a bad influence to the girl. She smokes, she cuts classes, she breaks rules, basically what she does is the exact opposite of Hye-ji. But Hye-ji knows that she is more than that. Mi-jin is able to show the real her, the soft, kind, and caring Mi-jin, whenever Hye-ji is with her. 

She adored how Hye-ji was able to pull out the best in everyone around her. She made her realize that studying is important, that health is important, that her future is important. But she haven't got herself together until she lost the girl who was constantly telling her to take studying more seriously.

There is no one telling her to do her homework, no one reminding her to attend classes. She was gone. And even if she was trying her best to help Ha-ri with the best she can, she can't ignore the fact that she was hurting too. Hye-ji was her only friend, and she lost her. But instead of pulling herself together, she was busy helping others fix themselves.

---Flashback---

Mi-jin is walking alone, she is on her way to the back of the school building where she spends her time when she wants to cut classes. She will just smoke there, wait for school to end. But before she can sit on her usual spot, she noticed that someone was sitting there.

"Yah, kid." She said, catching the attention of the girl. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at studying?" She asked, raising a brow.

"I could ask you the same thing." The girl answered, as she continued to look at the blue sky. "Yah, look at me when you're talking to me." Mi-jin said as she walked closer. But as she walked closer, she noticed the tear stains on the younger's face.

"Yah, are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked as she scanned the girl, looking for any kind of injury but she didn't find any, or maybe it was because the girl was wearing a hoodie and a scarf, it's cold anyway.

Mi-jin slowly sat beside the girl, keeping a safe distance, but still, close. "It's okay. You don't have to talk to me. But just so you know, I'll be right here if you need someone that will listen to you." She stated, now looking at the sky as well.

She wanted to talk. She so badly want to comfort the girl, she doesn't know why, don't know how. She just wanted to. She didn't even know who the girl is. She barely even know her classmates' names. Is this girl from her class? No way, she looks young.

She didn't expect it but the girl started the conversation. "This is my first day back. I'm scared of how people will say when they see me." The girl started, making Mi-jin look at her.

"Why? Where did you go? Did you visit another country?" Mi-jin asked, curiosity taking over her.

"I was letting a walking red flag called boyfriend, well, now ex-boyfriend, manipulate me, gaslight me. And I tried to kill myself, I stayed in the hospital for days, and I'm still meeting with a therapist until now." The girl answered, keeping Mi-jin silent.