Chapter 29

Hye-ji started to breathe heavily, trying to control herself. Feeling that what she is feeling can't be pushed aside anymore, she looked away.

"If we run now, we can all live." She said, looking somewhere other than her friends. "we have enough time." She added, this time looking at the group.

The other might've not noticed it, but Nam-ra certainly did. The girl is in pain, she knows that. Hye-ji just lost Hyun-jin and Wu-jin. But what she noticed right now is what Hye-ji looks like right now. She looks like she was fighting something inside her. Her forehead is furrowed, her eyes sharp, and it looks like she is trying to concentrate on something.

"Hye-ji...Are you okay?" Nam-ra asked the female Hwang. The girl didn't answer, still looking at the air.

"Hye-ji-ah." Su-hyeok called the girl, and it seemed to snap her out of it. "Jin unnie, you go with Ha-ri unnie." She said turning to Mi-jin.

"Cheong-san and Su-hyeok will carry Dae-su." She added, taking the lead. "Let's go." She said. After seeing that the others had started to run, she started breathing heavily.

Nam-ra was about to go but she saw the state Hye-ji is in. When Hye-ji felt Nam-ra's eyes on her, she smiled.

"Go. I'll be right behind you." She said, Nam-ra hesitantly nod before running.

Even while running, Nam-ra always turn to look if Hye-ji is still running with them. After a lot of running, the group is feeling the exhaustion, slowing them down.

Eat them. The voice told Hye-ji, as she slowed down, now just walking instead of running.

Eat them. Eat them all. Nam-ra looked back again, satisfied to see Hye-ji with them, still.

Why not? You're hungry. She ran, shortening the gap between her and the group.

Kill them. She was about to grab Nam-ra but she quickly stopped herself. She also stopped running, watching the group run.

"I'm hungry" This time, she knows it's her own voice. She is the one who said it. But before she can do something that she will regret, she ran the other way.

After a while, she stopped running, leaning by a wall. "Stop it. Just stop. I won't let you hurt anyone." She mumbled before slamming her head on the wall, thinking it will stop the voice, but it didn't.

You're hungry. The voice said as her bones started cracking again. With no other choice left, she bit her wrist again. After releasing her wrist, she slid down the wall, crying to herself.

"I can't do this anymore. Hyun-jinnie...I'm scared. I can't do this without you. Please come back to me." She cried to herself as her bones continue to crack.

-------

After a while of running, Nam-ra looked back to see Hye-ji, but what surprised her is when she didn't see the girl anywhere.

"Wait." Nam-ra told the group, still looking back. "Why?" On-jo asked. "Hye-ji's gone." The class president said, making the others look back as well, to see no trace of Hye-ji.

"I'll be right back." Nam-ra said, running to who knows where. But she only has one goal right now, to look for Hye-ji.

"Nam-ra!" On-jo and Su-hyeok called her. "Cheong-san can you carry Dae-su on your own? I'm going after them." Su-hyeok said and Cheong-san immediately nodded, worried for Hye-ji as well.

Su-hyeok quickly ran, On-jo following him. "Yah! Nam On-jo!" Cheong-san called her but she didn't look back. She already lost enough people, she can't lose Hye-ji too.