Chapter 15

"What are you doing?" Hye-ji asked Nam-ra, but still gave the girl her hand. "Tying a knot." The class president said, tying their hands together. "Stop it. Stop." Hye-ji tried stopping the girl but Nam-ra didn't stop. 

Nam-ra then held their tied hands up. "Happy? This way she can't get to you if she turns. I'll get bitten instead." She said, silencing Ji-min.

-------

The two are sitting by the window. Hyun-jin wanted to stay there but he thought about it and decided that he will give the two space. So, right now, Hyun-jin is just watching the two from where he sat beside On-jo.

On-jo held his hand, making him turn to her. "It will be okay." She smiled at him before removing her hand, face flushed.

"If Hye-ji's immune, does that mean she's okay even if she gets bitten?" Dae-su asked. "Probably." Joon-young answered. "Oh shit. That's not fair."

"She still has zombie blood in her veins." Ji-min said, making Hyun-jin turn to her. "She isn't completely a zombie." Joon-young said.

"A half-bie? Short for half zombie. It's like half and half. Like half spicy, half fried...oh! I want chicken" Dae-su said. "That's enough Dae-su." Hyo-ryeong told him.

"How can you think about food with a zombie here?" Ji-min asked. "Stop it. Hye-ji isn't a zombie." Wu-jin said. "Half-bie." Dae-su commented. "Close enough." Ji-min argued.

"Stop it Ji-min. My patience is wearing thin." He said, glaring at the girl, keeping the girl silent. "Let's not do this to ourselves. We're all we've got now." On-jo said.

"She's right. Hye-ji is better than Na-yeon." Hyo-ryeong commented. "Don't even say her name. She's subhuman. Gyeong-su died, because of her, and Miss Park..." Ji-min said back.

"Wait a sec. The PTA asked the parents to send some stuff before the competition, and asked my mom to send chicken." Cheong-san said, gaining everyone's attention.

"We would've seen it if it were here. I don't see anything." Dae-su said, looking around. "It's in the store room." Hyun-jin answered lazily, he is not in good mood right now. How can he be?

Hye-ji's POV

Nam-ra and I sat in complete silence. We can hear the others talking, but we can't hear it clearly. We didn't bother looking their way.

However, they got our attention after we heard banging on the door, obviously attracting zombies outside. "Hey. Take it easy." Joon-young said. What the hell are they doing?

"Hey, keep it down. We gotta be quiet." Joon-young said, holding the door. "Hey, stop doing that." Hyo-ryeong told Dae-su. Then it registered to me. They're opening the door for the foods.

"Hey." I said, trying to get their attention. "We still have food. You should eat it now. We need energy." She said before sitting back down. "It's in the yellow bag Hyo-ryeong is holding." I said without looking back. Nam-ra sat beside me.

I can hear them divide the foods as fair as they can. Moments later, Hyun-jin approached us, giving us food. "You don't need to do this you know. We trust you." He told me, ruffling my hair. "It's fine. And please. Not. The. Hair." I told him, making him smile as he got the reaction that he wanted.

Before he left, he pointed to Nam-ra and mothed. 'Tell her.' Before leaving with a smile. I thought about it. How am I going to tell her? Is this even the right time? But then, is there even a right time for this?

I didn't even realize that I was spacing out until On-jo came to us and gave us the camera. "You guys can leave a message as well if you want to." I took the camera with a smile. I was shocked when she put her hand on my shoulder.