Chapter 12

The others looked at her. Most of them never heard her curse of say anything near to it so they were shocked. But it did put a smile on their faces. Seeing as their sunshine already regained her shine back.

"Hye-ji, Hyun-jin's alive!" Su-hyeok said, hugging the girl. The girl was shocked but hugged back. This is the first skinship they had after what happened with Dong-min.

Su-hyeok and Hye-ji were almost inseparable back then. People would even think that they were dating. But it stopped after the news of Dong-min and Hye-ji dating. People also took notice of how they slowly drifted apart after that. No one really knew why (except Hyun-jin), they didn't dare to ask.

No one also knew where Dong-min is after the expulsion. No one even knew why he was expelled. It was like he was erased from Earth. There were rumors that the Hwangs had him killed after having an argument with the female Hwang twin. The others said that Dong-min was in jail. The others said it was his mother who killed him. The others said he was killed by a gang. The others said he migrated. 

Back to present, the others smile, seeing the two. It's refreshing. Who knew a zombie apocalypse would be the key?

The hug lasted for a while. When Su-hyeok saw Nam-ra glaring at him, he let go of the female Hwang. Sure, Nam-ra is happy they're okay now. But the hug was a little bit too long for her.

As they decided to look outside the school premises, Hye-ji came back to her place on the corner. Now smiling. Wu-jin sat beside her, again.

"I'm happy the cold war between you and Su-hyeok is finished. Do you know that I was one of those who thought that you two were dating?" Wu-jin said with a smirk but stopped when Hye-ji smacked him in the head.

"He's like another brother of mine. Like you." She said, Wu-jin nodded. "You know, I can see the way Nam-ra looks at us when we are together. If looks could kill, I'd be long gone. Could you talk to her? Your girlfriend is scaring me." He said, making sure that Hye-ji was the only one who heard it. He saw how Hye-ji's cheeks flushed after his statement making him laugh.

"She's not my girlfriend!" She whisper shouted. "Yet?" Wu-jin asked with a teasing smile. "You know, Mrs. Hwang would be happy to know that you two are dating." He said making Hye-ji smile.

"My whole family would be happy for me, I just know it." She said and Wu-jin nodded at her. "That includes you and Ha-ri unnie, you know?" She added, making Wu-jin's smile bigger.

Ji-min crying got their attention. Wu-jin stood up and gave his hand to help the female Hwang but she shook her head. Wu-jin nodded in understanding. She already saw a lot of her friends turn, she didn't need to see this.

-------

The room was silent. A friend dying would hurt, yes. But losing your parents would hurt more for others. That includes Ji-min. If Hye-ji was to be in the girl's position, she knows that it could be the end of her. She loves her parents so much.

Ji-min stood up, everybody is watching her. When she was about to jump, everybody rushed to her. Stopping her. When they successfully pulled her back, Wu-jin and Hye-ji stood by the window, so that in any case Ji-min wants to jump again, she'd go through them first.

"Please let me go. My mom and dad died. What am I supposed to do alone?"

-------

Ji-min and On-jo is inside. On-jo is trying to talk to Ji-min. The others were outside, still silent.

Hye-ji is standing next to Nam-ra. The class president was staring straight so she decided to hold her hand. "Are you okay, Nam-ra?" She asked, the class president nodded at her with a small smile.