16. Vanilla

Vereena started to question if she was going to ever leave the safe house on the tenth night, having no idea that ten would end up being her lucky number.

The mundane day started ordinary, her new ordinary that was. Wake up, get ready for the day, breakfast, play nurse, lunch, more nursing, dinner, sleep.

She decided she was bored of her routine, and instead of sticking to her makeshift role, she chose to hang out in the indoor pool all day.

The black string bikini she wore was not her size, it was the best thing she could get from Davina so last minute.

Her boobs were spilling out of the edge, it looked more like a micro bikini and the bottoms were extremely tight. She didn't care though, seeing as no one else was occupying the pool.

The water felt nice against her tense body. She swam the length of the pool, dipping her hair in, letting her limbs stretch out. She enjoyed the empty silence, it was almost eery.

By the time she finished, the skin on her fingers and toes were pruning.

Vereena made the mistake of not bringing a towel down, water droplets hitting the ground as she walked out of the room.

Strangely enough, there were only a few men on the basement level and so she didn't feel so awkward passing through.

She walked upstairs, feeling the cool air hit her exposed skin.

And when she passed by the formal living room, heading towards the stairs that led to the very top floor, she came across a room she had yet to snoop inside of.

A quick glance over her shoulder, her eyes focused on the random room and her brave hand landed on the cold doorknob.

Twist. It flung wide open.

Without looking into the room, she entered it and shut the door behind her in record time. She didn't want to risk being found somewhere she was not allowed to be.

However, since her luck was not at all good, she seemed to miss the man lounging behind the desk.

Vito's familiar voice broke the ice, she felt his hot gaze run over her half-naked body. "Only someone as stupid as you would walk around half-naked in a house full of men who are looking to get their dick wet. Mafioso do not care for consent."

Of-fucking-course, this was his personal office.

Her body turned on instinct, her hand falling from the door handle. There she spotted him, sat in a leather chair behind a laptop screen.

He looked fresh she noted, a clean haircut, beard trimmed, a black dress shirt and those silver rings on his tattooed hands. The curls at the top of his hair were still there, he didn't trim them off.

"I wanted to go for a swim." Her breath caught in the back of her throat.

Smoke whirled around him as he inhaled from his cigarette, she took a glimpse of his ashtray. It was nearly full with endless cig butts.

"Wearing that?"

She rolled her eyes, not bothering to reply to him.