15. Nurse Adoring

"Vitorrio Santino Bellini, thirty-one years old, is an Italian-American businessman. Born and raised in Verona, Italy, Bellini moved to the United States at age fifteen. Bellini is best known for the global hotel chain, Bellini Hotel, world-renowned restaurant chain, Bellini's, and the prestigious Chicago-exclusive nightclub Santi Oscuri. However, his riches also retain from other areas such as tech, real estate and car dealerships. Currently, the tycoon has a net worth of..." Trailing off the extensive wiki page, her dark brown eyes fell into a squint looking at those substantial figures.

The slow realisation that she was trapped in a much, much bigger mafia organisation than she originally assumed was trickling in.

A billionaire. He was a freaking billionaire.

He had so many fronts that she understood how he was able to walk freely. The guy was loaded, and clearly smart with his ventures.

Chef Davina smiled warmly over at the girl, setting the steaming hot caffè down. Her honey brown eyes flickered to the personal phone she had let Vereena borrow. "If you want to know more about Saint, then these websites will give you nothing, cara."

Her cheeks warmed as she stopped reading the current paragraph about 'early life' and her shoulders fell.

Sitting in the back kitchen where the staff were walking freely, able to talk and not worry that they were interrupting. Vereena had wandered into the hidden area after Davina had called her to tell her dinner would not be in her room today and rather, to follow her directions.

She wanted to talk to the lonely girl, and walking into the all-metal room, she noticed that this was the secret hangout for the non-mafia related people. Aka, the ordinary folks.

"Oh right. I was just looking at, uh, cars, I don't know how I stumbled onto this." Her lie was awful and indiscreet, much like her.

Davina laughed a hearty laugh, she pulled the chair out beside the nurse.

"Let me help you find what you're after." Retrieving the discarded phone, she tucked it into her apron and her warm gaze made contact with the intrigued girl.

Vereena took a sip of her drink, enjoying the liquid gushing down her throat. She enjoyed drinking coffee after her meal, the Italian tradition was one she could certainly see integrated into her daily routine.

"So as you know, Vito came to the states as a teenage boy. When the Bellini mothers passed away, it was Alessandro's duty to take over the family."

Her brows furrowed together. "Alessandro?"

A look of realisation trickled into the elderly woman's face. "Oh, yes. I forgot you are not familiar with the family. Alessio was Vito's older stepbrother."

The 'was' made Vereena stiffen, she could tell where the story would be heading.

"However, he would not be Don for long. You see there was a hit out on him, and after three short years of reigning, he was shot to death by someone close to him."

So that was why the scary man was so demanding about finding the so-called rat.

He didn't want history repeating itself.

"At age eighteen, Vito was now Capo and he was a good one at that. For the first five years, he was everything his mothers had taught him to be. Patient, compassionate, a strong leader." Her face started to morph into one of contempt as she drifted into longing thought. "The boy used to be so charismatic."

Charismatic, my ass, she thought. This was the same man who had strangled her to unconsciousness.

Yep, she was not going to let it go.