My legs gave away the strength and I dropped into the seat, letting my head fall in my hands and my tears to the floor.

"Rafael." Mason placed a hand over my shoulder. "Don't lose hope."

That almost made me laugh.

After eight hours of a complex surgery, the doctor tells us that hope is very less. The bullet missed her heart just by mere inches. But that wasn't good news either. It had done some serious damage to the heart already. And the remaining was done because of the blood loss.

"I'm sorry, Mason." I shook my head. "I couldn't protect her."

He was right all along. I was incapable of protecting my people. Toby almost died and Vittoria was on her death bed. I was weak and pathetic.

"It wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself."

"M-mason." I frantically grabbed his hand. "Tell her..tell her t-to wake up. She listens to you. Please tell her to be okay Mason. Please. Please!"

"Rafael-"

"Nothing will be left if she dies. She means everything to me. Please believe me. Tell her to be okay. She only listens to you. She only..."

My entire soul shuddered at the thought of losing her. Something was happening to me—something I didn't know myself but knew it was going to kill me.

"Rafael!" Mason shrugged me rigorously, his face holding a terrified look. "It's okay. Come here." He engulfed me into a comforting embrace.

How pathetic I must look for Mason to pity me.

"I didn't even get a chance to tell her how much I love her." I held the bag holing her blood drenched clothes tighter as if she'll go away if I let it go.

"She knows that." Mason patted my arm. "I don't believe myself right now but I think you love her more than anyone does. Even me. And trust me Rafael, she knows that."

"She does?"

He smiled, nodding his head. This was the first time he ever smiled at me. "She's gonna be okay. She's a fighter."

Please be okay, love. I promise I'll make it up to you.

"H-how's everything at home?" I asked, feeling guilty for not being with Toby right now.

"Toby is good. Jake has taken care of the situation. The enemies are gone. All dead."

"And Oliver? How is he? I don't have the courage to call him." I looked down in shame.

I waited for him to answer.

"Mason? Is Oliver okay?" I repeated, growing anxious.

He still didn't answer.

"Look at me Oliver

"Look at me Oliver." Allegra spoke softly as if I'd break if she raised her voice above a whisper. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital? I'll be there with you."