C H A P T E R 12

12 | Learning Taylor's Songs and Identifying The Twins Ft. Troubling Grandpa

 Troubling Grandpa

Wrong again!

I huffed, feeling disheartened. But I wasn't going to run to Tobo asking for help. Taking a deep breath, I sank deeper into the window seat with my guitar ready once again.

So much for summer love and saying "us"
'Cause you weren't mine to lose
You weren't mine to lose, no

There you go! Good job Vittoria!

I was glad I got it right otherwise I would've wasted my entire Sunday evening for nothing.

The sun shyly immersed itself somewhere behind the woods, bathing the mansion in a roseate shade. Cold wind swirled in and out of the window, tousling my raven locks. It was simply beautiful. Closing my eyes, I started the song I learned all by myself.

Salt air, and the rust on your door
I never needed anything more
Whispers of 'Are you sure?'
'Never have I ever before'

The sound of the guitar mingling with my voice made me feel at peace. For the first time, I felt confident about myself.

And I can see us twisted in bedsheets
August sipped away like a bottle of wine
'Cause you were never mine

"I was always yours, senorita." A velvety voice spoke.

My eyes opened to the most beautiful view and I found myself smiling. Charcoal pools were etched to mine, as if in a desperate attempt to lock our souls with each other. I felt alive when his fingertips grazed my face as he tucked the strands of my hair behind my ear.

Was he even real? Or was I imagining him. How can someone be so perfect.

A sharp snapping of fingers brought me out of the haze. I flinched, feeling all the heat rise up to my cheeks.

"W- When did you come?"

"When you were so lost in your song." He smiled. "Please continue."

No way!

"Come on now, don't be shy. It helps me relax." He pulled his legs up, making himself comfortable beside me.

My eyes anxiously shifted to the locked door, afraid of Mason or Oliver catching us together.

What happened to your resolve of staying away from him?

I bit my lip nervously, allowing myself to cheat with myself for a few moments with him.

Something within him stirred. His jaw ticked and he gripped the throw pillow tightly, looking outside the window. I don't know what happened in a fraction of second.

"Are you okay, Rafael?"

He quickly went back to normal. "Uh, yes, yes of course. Now shut up and sing for me."