C H A P T E R 57

57 | Unclean Dirty Stained Tainted

WARNING!!!!!THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND ASSAULT

WARNING!!!!!
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE AND ASSAULT. 

The tantalizing sensation on my wrists shot up with every passing second. The hotness of my blood trickling down in streams contrasted with the chill I felt being in this place.

My heels clicked against the cemented floor, the sound being suppressed by the screams and helpless cries of the people on either side of me.

I was terrified. But I couldn't afford showing them my fear.

"Walk faster." Alvaro pushed me forward.

"I swear to god one day I'm gonna make all you Esztar men walk in heels. None of you understand the problem, do you?" I scowled. What did I do to get stuck with this idiot—an actual idiot. Not the Liam kind of cute idiot.

This creepy facility screamed trouble. Somber grey walls rose up and alongside the unending hallway were cages with innocent people locked inside them. On my left were all the girls— naked and petrified. And on my right were men as well, some clothed while some with their bodies bare. Everyone had stitch marks on their abdomen.

This was Luca's hub for human trafficking and organ smuggling.

They screamed and yelled for help, the deafening assortment of their beseeching cries merged with the sound the metal cages dispelled at their futile attemp to break free made me want to clamp my hands over my ears. I wasn't strong enough to hear that. But my hands were bound back by the rope which was now drenched with my own blood.

"I sense fear, little girl." Alvaro mocked.

"Afraid of me already, little Zanetti?" I managed a smirk, trying my best not to shiver whislt thinking of some plan to help these people. But what could I do apart from waiting for Rafael.

Camila is my fiancée.

His voice echoed in my head. The grand revelation I learned about a few hours ago was weakening me. No matter how hard I tried shoving it away, it kept coming back to me.

How could he do that to me? How could Oliver do that to me?

But all that was irrelevant now. I can kill Rafael when I get back. Right now what was important was to stay alive until they found me.

I just hope Camila is safe.

"How much exactly is Nikolai getting for me? I mean I value companies. Might as well know my own value." I swept a cautious gaze around me, studying the arrangement.

Two guards, one placed on either sides were stationed at a distance of about fifteen meters. If added in total of this hallway, they must come up to about thirty.