C H A P T E R 46

46 | See You Again

"It was a pleasure having you work for me, Miss Andress

"It was a pleasure having you work for me, Miss Andress." Rafael stretched his hand out.

It was the end of my last day here. No more uncomfortable heels and pencil skirts tomorrow onwards. No more waking up early! I should be happy right?

I bit the inside of my cheek as I connected my hand with his, allowing it's warmth to console me. I will miss his office and all kinds of memories we shared here.

My heart secretly wished he pull me into him and somehow convince me to stay— in this company as well as his life.

He didn't.

He dropped my hand and I felt alone.

What was I thinking? Camila and Rafael are official now. He has distanced himself from me and I can't even complain. I was the one who asked him to do so.

If only I knew what kind of a person Camila was. But now it was too late.

"Likewise, Mr Grayson. I loved working here. My time here was quite...eventful."

"What do you plan on doing now?" He settled on his chair.

"I'm accompanying Ariel for a shopping night. I've promised her I'll help her pick the perfect dress for her sister's boyfriend's best friend's mom's third wedding."

He smacked his lips together as if suppressing a smile. "With that I meant your future career plans but this sounds good."

Oh! Stupid Vittoria strikes back.

"If you wish to leave before turning into a tomato's evil twin, you're free to do so." He said teasingly.

"Bye." I spun back and made a dash for the door, hearing Rafael's hearty chuckle.

"Vittoria!" Oliver called me out from behind as I reached down to my cabin, making me stop abruptly.

That's the first time he addressed me by my name in front of other employees.

"Uh, yes?"

He walked towards me and surprisingly enveloped into a hug, rendering me shocked for a moment.

"What, I can't hug my sister while I bid her farewell?"

"Can I join?" Liam pouted dramatically.

God! This is a workplace, not our fancy mafia house!

"Are you her brother?" Ariel teased.

"I'm gone. Bye." He slammed the door of our cabin, making the three of us laugh at the idiot.

"I'm gonna miss you, girl." Ariel feigned a sob.

"I'm not." I hugged her. "Because I'm gonna see you often."