C H A P T E R 16

16 | What The Past Makes You Do

Straight to voicemail.

It's ten p.m. and that stupid man is still at his dear company. And then he has the nerve to call me a workaholic.

"What do you think, Oliver?" Liam bounced his knee anxiously, biting his nails.

Allegra mindlessly cringed, slapping his hand away from his mouth. "Stop doing that. It's unhygienic."

Toby yawned without covering his mouth. That thing pisses me off. Has everyone ran out of manners in this house?

"Tob-"

"Cover your mouth while yawning, Toby." Allegra scolded, beating me to it.

"Sorry mom." He scratched his head sheepishly.

Guess that's it for the day. Vittoria was super silent. Which meant she was tired.

"I'll talk about it with Jake. Let's see if we can search for some more matches of that name." Mason stated.

Yet again Luca and Nikolai's accounts were trashed with a huge sum of money, again from the same account belonging to Sebastian Voss.

"Bye bye people." Vittoria's drowsy eyes struggled to be kept open.

"Goodnight, sweetie." Allegra blew her a kiss.

One by one everyone left the study, leaving me alone with Allegra who was still seated on the couch. Her bright blue eyes wandered here and there while her manicured fingers fiddled with the hem of her black hoodie.

"You are staring, Mr Rivera." She stated bluntly, tapping her feet.

"Do I always have to show you the door?" I said, sounding a little more harsh than I intended to.

"I'm waiting for Mr Grayson."

"Why?"

"There are a few matters we need to discuss."

My eyes instantly narrowed at the woman. Nothing has changed in the past one month. I'm still equally skeptical at her intentions.

"He might get late today. What is it?" I demanded, suddenly feeling unsure about her behavior.

Her gaze met mine, then she reverted her eyes and glued them back at me. Clear hesitation was evident in her stance. "I won't be tagging along with you to Canada for the shareholder meeting."

About that!

Stubborn Mason refused to be the shareholder resulting in me being the one. It was risky but taking the risk was better than trying to convince him.

We have the shareholder meeting a few days from now. We'll finally be meeting all the corrupt people involved in that company. We have our hopes high to find that Sebastian there.