C H A P T E R 33

33 | The Game Has Got Its Anti-Hero

"What." Rafael returned my harsh glare.

"What is your best friend hiding?" I demanded the answer, making sure my sharp gaze worked it's warning.

There was sure some kind of a history between Alli and Oliver. What kind of history, that was the question. Alli isn't demented to react that way all of a sudden.

"Do I look like I know? I'm sorry Mason, but I'm not the reason for your every damn problem. So go and get your annoyance out on someone else." Rafael took a step forward but Vittoria mindlessly placed a hand over his chest, blocking him from doing so.

Her eyes were locked down, her teeth nibbling her bottom lip. It was like the movement of her hand came naturally. Amidst the chaos, I felt pride. Even with her mind working rigorously somewhere else, she was well award of her surroundings. Her subconscious had developed enough with training to guide her with the correct action.

"The Visitant gave Camila back safely to us." She stated, rather, gushed out in an unnatural speed, still in the same position with her eyes down and hand over his chest.

"Or so we thought." Her mind was picking up pace. "Now he wants her back. Because it wasn't him. The Visitant never intended to release Camila. How could we be mistaken? Everything is still under his control. But that was until this incident which points towards only one answer."

She gasped, as if terrified by her own theory. Intelligent brown eyes snapped up at Rafael, her breathing slightly quickened. "The mystery man saved Camila. Or rather, his men. He can't be at two places at the same time. They're a team."

Her declaration knocked the living daylights out of me. Why the fuck was she so smart?

Because she was my sister.

Ugh! Getting over the self obsession, I focused back on the problem. Camila wasn't supposed to know about this mystery man or the Covert Visitant.

Why does this girl always have to figure everything out?

"Did anyone understand a single word she spoke?" Liam sighed, shaking his head at the speed at which she spoke.

I hope Camila didn't. But I also knew she wasn't as dumb as she pretended to be.

"I've been thinking about the same thing." Rafael affirmed.

It was only then did she realize about the proximity between them, causing her to quickly retrace her hand from him.

"What mystery man?" Camila asked, feigning her usual fear.

Blatant hatred for Vittoria struggled to unleash from her eyes. It made me scoff on the inside. Let's see how long she'll pull off this good sister façade. She sure had a motive behind it but Vittoria was too naive and  fall for her trap.