"Amazing!" I beamed, began moving out but stopped and turned back dramatically, closing the distance and pulling him down to whisper into his ears with my husky voice. "Be careful, mon chéri. Don't accidentally slip your whore's name while you fuck your soon to be wife. Au revoir, asshole!"

Something changed in him.

"Wait, please." I felt a soft tug over my wrist.

Suddenly all my determination vanished. This time it wasn't the addiction of his touch. It was the disgust. Dread twisted in my stomach and the urge to throw up became prominent. My breaths came out as short gasps and I struggled for air.

"Vittoria! Oh my god!" He whispered, terrified.

"Don't touch me." I shoved him away, scampering back to the farthest corner and it was only then did I find myself capable of breathing normally again. "Don't you under any circumstances ever touch me. I'm being hell serious."

"Vittoria please listen to me." He almost panicked. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

"Oh please, Mr Grayson. Don't stain your pride by apologizing to a whore."

"Stop it goddammit! Stop saying that!" He yelled in frustration.

He can go shove his guilty conscience up his ass. This must be a pretence for all I know.

"I don't need your apology. Just leave, run away before you fall in love with me again."

"I'm not running away." He said defensively. "This has got nothing to do with you."

The sound of our argument must've reached Mason. He entered the kitchen, his hard gaze boring holes through Rafael. He returned his glare and stormed out without saying a word.

"Isn't he a complete cartoon?" Mason scoffed, eyeing Rafael's retracing form rather amusingly.

My reply to his comment was sheer nonchalance. I was more interested in knowing the reason behind Mason's behavior.

"Mase?" I narrowed my eyes. "Why are you acting so normal? By now you should be treating me like a trauma victim."

I wasn't complaining. They did that because they cared about me. But sometimes it got a little too much.

"Um..actually," He scratched his head. "Toby has given us strict orders to treat you normally and not like a specimen...although I told him you were one." He stick his tongue out.

"Mase!" I whined. "You're so mean."

And my Tobo was a rockstar!

Mason's eyes peeked over my shoulder, outside the window. I resisted the urge to turn back and cast one last look at Rafael before he left. Don't know how long he'd be gone.

Your mantra, Vittoria!

Yes. I hate Rafael Grayson.

"They're gone. You can relax now." Mason said, a light despondency lacing his words.

I shook my head as if doing so will shake away the thoughts and instead focused my attention on the basket of chocolates.

"Whom is it for? Can I take one?"

Mason swatted my hand away. "Keep that down. Keep it. Keep it."

"Jeez! Fine! Who is it for anyway?"

His lips stretched up into a goofy grin. "I'm meeting someone special tonight."

"You what! Who! When? Where? What happened to Suzanne? Why don't you ever tell me anything? You didn't even-"

"Shh." He scolded, clamping his hand over my mouth. "Stop giving me a headache, kiddo!"