32.

'Ella'

I was finally go back to school.

It had been a week since I got out of the rehab centre and my dad surprised me with Buddy, my new service dog.

I had a reduced timetable now.

Before the subjects I took were; Maths, English, Science, RS, Business Studies, History and Design Technology.

Now I only have; Maths, English, Science, Business Studies and History.

It meant that I only had to go into school for these lessons, and my favourite part was that I get to bring my new dog, Buddy.

Buddy had already been more than another. Getting me out of bed every morning, helping me during my panic attacks, licking my tears and getting me on the floor during my panic attacks.

During panic attacks, I was advised by the doctors that due to the hypothermia and passing out. It was best to get on the floor, which is what Buddy has been trained to do.

And he was good, very good. And he had learnt my 'patterns' as they call it.

But today was my first day back to school and my dad and I were sat in the front of the car and my nerves were back.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come in with you?" My dad asks me. It was break, I had lessons that I no longer do anymore in the morning which is why I wasn't in this morning. It was Tuesday and I had Science and English this afternoon.

"I'm fine, I have Buddy" I smile, looking back at my dog who was panting loudly.

"Ok" He smiles, reaching across the console and giving me a hug. "Ella, please please ring me if anything happens, I'll come pick you up"

"I know" I smile back. "I'm going in there with my head held high and I'm going to be ok. I'll have Luke, Noah and Micky."

"I know baby" My dad kisses me head before looking up to Buddy. "Look after my girl yeah?" He barks back, ready to get out of the car. "And you sure you'll be ok to walk home?"

"Yeah, the others are coming and I need to walk Buddy" I smile, getting out of car and opening the back, letting Buddy jump out. I grab hold of Buddy's lead and the bright pink support handle that tells people that Buddy is a support and working dog.

My dad gets out the car and walks round to my side of the car and he gives me another hug.

"I love you so much and I'm so proud of how far you've come. Go baby, go get your education."

"Ok bye dad" I smile before turning and walking into the school with my Buddy.

When I walk in, I walk to the pupil reception and see Mr Stone stood there, talking to the women behind the desk.

"H-hi Mr Stone" I stutter, seeing him turn around and smile at me.

"Oh Ella" He steps towards me. "I've just signed you in, I came to meet you and take you to the boys." He looks down at Buddy who was looking down at him. "May I touch him or is he working?"

"You can" I bend down myself and tickle behind his ears. "It's ok" I whisper gently to Buddy, to let him know that Mr Stone was friendly.

Mr Stone bends down and tickles Buddy who is tense at first then lets Mr Stone tickle him.

"He's so cute" Mr Stone smiles up at me.

"He is so cute but he's also so good at his job." I smile, standing up as Mr Stone does.

"Follow me, I know where your friends are" He leads me down the corridor, towards the canteen hall. "Ella, as soon as something happens, you need to come to me ok, me or Miss Bright. All your teachers have been informed about your service dog. He's trained to sit for a long time isn't he?"

"Yeah, he's trained for school, he was a service dog for teenagers. My dad was lucky to get him, sometimes it takes long to get a service day for mental health" I mumble the information, loud enough for him to hear as we ascended down the corridor, towards the loud hall. People dotted around the school, just stared, at me and Buddy.

Mr Stone walks though the open doors to the canteen first, then I enter. The whole hall goes silent and all heads turn to me.

I want the ground to disappear and me go down with it.

Mr Stone clears his throat.

"Back to you lunch, everyone" He shouts, echoing into the long hall behind us. Buddy, rubs up against my leg, something he does when he thinks I'll be anxious.

Everyone turns around and the loud chatter begins. I spot my friends, sitting at our usually table with trays of the average canteen food they serve here.

They smile as myself and Mr Stone approach them, Buddy walking by my side.

"Hey Ells" They all say, almost in unison.

"Hey" I reply, sheepishly, and sit down in the free chair, smiling. Buddy relaxes onto his back legs and sits down on the dirty floor.

I wish he didn't have to be here. But, I needed him. And he was trained in these type of conditions so he's ok.

"Boys, I give you guys permission to walk Ella to her lessons, so she's not alone. If you get any issues with teachers, because your late to any lessons then tell them to come and talk with me. I'll sort it out." Luke, Micky and Noah nod their heads in a reply to that they understand. "And Ella, remember what I said" I nodded in return and he swiftly left the four of us sitting at the table.

"Are you ready, Ella?" Luke smiles after he says this, sitting opposite me. My eyes wonder the canteen, in thought to his question. I spot Amber, Roxy and Emma, looking at me, smirking. Then I look to Buddy and look back up to my best friends.

"I'm ready" I smile, feeling my happiness that had disappeared a while ago.

I was back where I belonged. With my best friends and my new doggie.

'end of 32.'

thanks for 1k!