𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 - 23

Chapter- 23
Best birthday month ever!

______________________________________

Mrs astor showed hale to the room that she'll be staying in and told her to come back down for dinner in 30 minutes.

What if I get to meet damien again? That'd be so great!

Damien is 21 years old and he just usually comes here to babysit nate and natasha. Even though they hate his services.

What if I just accidentally cross paths with asher? That'd ruin my whole night!

Asher's out for some pack business but he'll be back by dinner.

And jessica....well that witch has gone to visit her parents.

And by the way, damien had offered her a book, and she was reading it right now, its called 'A citadel' by cronin A.J

Hale got a bit bored so she went to the bathroom and washed her face and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

ew I look ugly, well nevermind.

Hale wiped her face and applied some lipgloss and then came the call for her to go downstairs and have dinner with the Astor's.

She walked down the stairs and walked into the kitchen, it's such a boring task to walk, should've just teleported herself.

God I'm so lazy! She mentally facepalmed herself.

"Do you need any help in setting the table, mrs astor?" Hale politely asked.

"Oh no dear just sit in one of the chairs and wait for the others that's it."

"Please ma'am, I insist." Hale pleaded with her.

"Well then okay, I suppose." She shrugged.

Hale walked over and started helping her in setting up the table. To be honest, hale just wanted to fight off the boredom.

After they both were done, hale sat down in one of the chairs, while the others started coming in and sitting. First it was mr. astor, and hale slightly bowed to him and introduced herself and they had a light conversation.

Then came in the infamous lovelilies and they both argued on who will sit next to hale. Eventually their bickering stopped when mrs astor gave them both a glare and none of them could sit beside hale.

Asher walked in, in a grumpy mood, and immediately cursed when he saw me.

"You're. Sitting. on. My. Seat." He gritted out each word with venom.

"Oh dear, let hale sit there, it's just for today. She won't be here everyday." Mrs astor tried to reason, but asher would have none of it.

"It's okay, mrs astor, I'll just sit in some other seat." Hale politely said to Mrs astor and lifted herself up from his seat.

She went over to a chair beside his because it was the only one available.

Let's play innocent! Let the game begin!

Hale helped serve dinner with mrs astor, but when she got to serve Asher's plate he grabbed her wrist and took the bowl of spaghetti from her and after taking his portion he handed it back to her.

I think he really hates me...

"So hale.." mr astor began "I heard you're going to school from this Monday. Is that right?"

"Yes sir."

"Asher happens to be attending the same school. I hope you two are in the same classes." He hoped as he fixed his glasses. And hale choked a bit on her own saliva.

'he hopes for the worst' asher mumbled to himself but tsk hale heard it.

Nate and natasha started food fight somewhere in between the 'awkward' conversations and mr and mrs astor started scolding them.

After that was that, then they all ate in pin drop silence. Nate and natasha were already done, so hale asked mrs astor if she could tuck them in bed today and she was more than happy to get some time for mr astor.

Hale walked with them towards their room hand-in-hand. But unfortunately, asher also followed her. Tsk. Why does he have to always make things difficult.

Hale tucked the two in bed and kissed their foreheads and was about to leave when nate said, "please sing us a song."

"Yes hale, please sing us a song." Natasha agreed.

Hale cleared hee throat as she began to sing,

If I told you this was only gonna hurt
If I warned you that the fire's gonna burn
Would you walk in?
Would you let me do it first?
Do it all in the name of love♪

Okay this probably not the best song for lullabies but this is all she got.

hale forgot about asher staring at her in awe, she forgot who shw was singing this song to. She forgot about everything, All she could focus on was the melody.

Why did I think to sing this song? Why not some other? All these thoughts didn't even enter her brain.

She just... sang.

If I told you we could bathe in all the lights
Would you rise up, come and meet me in the sky?
Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights?
Would you fall in the name of love?
When there's madness, when there's poison in your head
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed
I will hold you in the depths of your despair
And it's all in the name of love♪

She's never sang before, so don't know how terrible she might sound. But when she heard Nate's soft snoring, she knew it was good enough to put them to sleep.

Hale sang till the end of it. Then took a deep breath.

"That was amazing!" Someone said.

That someone was asher.

Hale nodded and then turned her attention to nate and natasha and kissed both their foreheads again and then stood up to leave the room.

Asher also followed hwr outside.

"I have to talk to you!" He said as he caught up with her.

"What?!" Hale said as she hit his chest with her fist.

Gosh wasn't there any way to prevent this?

'owwww' he ouch-ed....I guess.

"I, asher astor..." He started and all the colour from Hale's face drained, is h-he accepting her rejection? "...a werewolf, decline your, hale knight's, a witch's, rejection, to the mate bond"

Wait....so he declined my rejection?

"Why?" She croaked out in the tiniest whisper.

"Because you're my mate and I've already said, 'even if you were a dog I wouldn't reject you'" he replied and tears formed in her eyes.

This is going to be the best birthday month ever.

Oh yes, it's my birthday month.