𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 - 7

Chapter-7

The guard

••••

He stumbled awake and looked around, panicked.

"No, there isn't any attack." Hale told him.

He looked up at her and she was met with warm amber eyes. He even had a jawline sharper than Hale's future. He had dark circles under his eye, but that made him look even sexier. Damn, hale control yourself.

"You're pretty and you're young, you should be a playboy not some guard." She told him, honestly. Is she flirting with him? No, she's just being a bit bold.

It looked like he blushed.

"I'm not supposed to talk to you." He told hale

That bitch of an alpha! If I'm going to stay here, I'll atleast need a few friends. Hale thought.

"I'm hale." She said and shot him a genuine smile.

"I'm jake." He smiled back.

"Tell me about yourself, jake."

He went on and on about himself while hale tried to get to sleep in the cold damp cell. She could hardly even try,. The cold blocks were way too hard. She missed her comfy soft mattress.

Apparently he's 19 and he's mateless, that's a good thing. Maybe hale can date him, he might be better than asher atleast....right?

"What's the time right now?" She peeked from one eye.

"It's 3 in the morning."

How long was she unconscious.....

"You've been here for 4 days, if that's what you're thinking." He guessed.

"Are you a mind reader?" Hale gasped.

He chuckled lowly, damn that was hot!

"No, I'm not a mind reader, hale. And you should sleep, good night." He said as another person entered the cells.

But she was so sleepy that she couldn't see anything except for a tall shadow entering and the sound of boots clicking.

And that's when her eyes shut close.

——————————————————

Hale was thrown cold water at her face and before she cold open her eyes, her reflexes worked.

She kicked the person in his balls.

She opened her eyes and saw a familiar dark silhouette , he groaned in pain

"Who are you? and there was absolutely no need for you to throw cold water on me!" She groaned as she wiped some of the water on the sleeve of her shirt.

He said something about breakfast and went back.

She looked down at the food and sniffed it.

Has he poisoned it?

I'm not eating it! I'll just drink some water. She thought

She drank some water to clear her aching throat that felt like sand paper just a moment ago.

She went to the front of the cell, and touched the bars. What if I would have shown some respect out there? What if the rogues have never came? What if I never came here to find max? What if I wasn't born? Would things have been any different? She had to re-think all her life to see, where she went wrong.