Chapter 8 | Learn to Knock

The air was stiff between Jimin and Jungkook when dinner time rolled around. Jimin was finally out of bed walking around camp, and the occasional glance from Jungkook would send cold chills down his arms. It was obvious that he leader still felt cold towards him.

Jimin sits down by the fire with his bowl of salad, a quite pitiful bowl of salad to be exact, but it's good enough to provide him with the nutrients he needs, so he eats it.

He jumps slightly when a bowl is slammed down beside him and someone practically throws themself down beside him. He darts his eyes over and sees Jungkook, his heart falling into the pit of his stomach. His words from the morning time were still a killer ringing in Jimin's ears. Did he really mean what he said?

Jimin stuffs a fork full of lettuce and tomato into his mouth and watches the fire blaze in front of him, not daring to acknowledge the presence of the leader. He doesn't want to talk to him... not until he apologizes.

"How's your wound?" Jungkook asks, breaking the silence that Jimin was finding to be comfortable.

The blonde doesn't answer. He continues to eat and watch the fire in front of him. He is stubborn and doesn't want to give the man satisfaction of getting to talk to him however he wants and then going back to normal like nothing ever happened.

"Jimin, I asked you how your fucking wound is. Can you hear me?" the brunette speaks again, but this time his words come out much harsher than before.

The sudden harsh tone causes tears to prick at Jimin's eyes, but he doesn't let them fall. Instead, he just lets the tears sit in his eyes. He doesn't want to cry, but it seems like it's something he can't control as of lately.

But he fails. He single tear rolls down his cheek, and he hopes Jungkook doesn't notice.

"Shit, Jimin," Jungkook mutters, sitting his bowl down when he notices the man beside him is visibly upset. "I didn't mean to make you cry. I just-," he stops himself from talking and sighs. "I'm just having a hard time."

That's not what Jimin wanted to hear. He wanted to hear the leader tell him that he's sorry for how he reacted this morning and that he knows it's fault. He didn't want to hear him say that it wasn't his intention and that it's just because he's having a hard time. He wants a genuine heartfelt apology.

"We are all having a hard time, but it appears that you don't seem to care anymore," Jimin responds shakily, keeping his eyes glued onto the flames of the fire. He doesn't dare look at Jungkook. "You were so nice last night and before that. What happened this morning? You're treating me like dirt all of a sudden. What did I do to deserve this?"

Jungkook moves himself closer to Jimin, placing his hand on his thigh. Jimin jumps at the sudden contact then grabs Jungkook's hand, pushing it off of himself.

"Jimin," Jungkook murmurs.

"I just wanted you to hear me out. I wanted you to listen to my input, but you're so far up your own ass that you can't hear anyone but yourself. You know, Hoseok was the one to calm me down and tell me to not get so upset with you, so I guess you should thank him or else I probably would've slapped your face just now," Jimin retaliates, not meaning to spill out his thoughts as much as he did.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I wouldn't listen to you. I'm sorry that I treated you like shit when I said what I did. I don't regret saving you and bringing you here, Jimin. You should know that. I was just speaking in the heat of the moment. I don't know why I'm like this. I don't know," Jungkook breaks, dropping his head into his hands. "I'm sorry."

Jimin finally looks away from the fire and places his eyes on the broken man beside him. He frowns. He didn't want to make Jungkook upset, but he needed him to feel his feelings this time. He can't keep living a life where he locks away all of his feelings until he falls into some sort of self destruct mode. Jimin knows that isn't healthy for him.