Chapter 7 | Healing & Heated Decisions

Jimin sat with his backpack in his lap, heavy due to being filled with university textbooks. He rests his chin on the top of his backpack, landing his eyes on his mother who's sitting across the table, giving him a pep talk on staying on top of school assignments. She smiles as she speaks encouraging words to her son, sincerity seeping through each word. As he listens intently, the aroma of sweet treats fill his nose indicating his father was baking something delicious for the family to devour.

It was warm.
It was happy.
And Jimin missed it.

Jimin wakes up in a rather groggy state, sweat coating his clammy skin. The moonlight seeps through the RV window as a reminder to Jimin of what time it is.

His time of day had been getting jumbled up the past few days due to constantly falling in and out of sleep in an attempt to recover quickly. Besides, the leader wouldn't let him do much else, so Jimin spent the last few days in bed since getting wounded.

The only thing rests on his mind now is that he doesn't want to be alone.

He pushes the covers off of his body and his feet soon meet with the ground. The thought of being alone pained him too much that he pulled himself out of the bed, disregarding the fuss the brunette might throw his way later. He walked out of the small bedroom and laid his dreary eyes on the still figure sprawled out on the couch.

"Koo?" Jimin asks shakily, bringing his hand up to his mouth and biting on his nail. "Are you awake?" He walks from the doorway and over to Jungkook on the couch.

"Jimin?" Jungkook asks, his voice thick with sleep. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" He sits up, rubbing his eyes and then smoothening out his fluffy bed hair with his hands. His doe eyes are filled with worry as he scans over Jimin's body in search of anything that could be wrong.

Jimin closes his eyes and bites down on the bottom of his lip. He doesn't want to tell Jungkook that he's lonely and misses his family. It's not that he's scared to show his emotions, it's just that he doesn't want to upset Jungkook, so instead of explaining his feelings, he just simply says, "I want you to sleep next to me. Please."

Jungkook sits still without an answer.

"I'm sorry. I'll just go back," Jimin quickly sputters, pivoting on his heel back towards the bedroom. Jungkook quickly gets off of the couch, grabbing Jimin's wrist and turning him around.

"Jimin," he states, his eyes falling into the glistening puppy brown eyes in front of him. "I got you. Don't worry," he consoles, gently pulling Jimin into the bedroom.

He helps Jimin lay back down in the bed and ensures that he's comfortable, then he slips himself into the bed beside the blonde. The two lie facing eachother.

"What's going on?" Jungkook asks softly. "I want you to know that you're not going to bother me by talking to me about how you feel. I'm here to listen to you. Actually, I want to listen to you."

Jimin sighs, pulling the covers up to his chin. "I had a dream I was back at my parents' house," he sniffs. "It's just got me thinking about them and how they're probably not here anymore, Koo. I'm all by myself in this stupid rotten world."

"You're not by yourself, Jimin."

"But I am!" he quivers.

"No," the brunette breathes. "You have me and you have the rest of these people at this camp. We are all eachother have and if you think for a second that these people don't care about you, you're wrong. You proved yourself to them the minute you stepped foot here. Jimin, don't think that you're alone. That's not at all true. If you were alone, I wouldn't be here right now. I wouldn't have saved you when I did, but look where you are right this second. I'm here with you. Right now."