Birthday? (Angst)

This is gonna be a small vent fic, because I'm sad and people seem to forget it's my birthday🧚‍♂️. If you don't wanna read it that's completely fine and won't affect the following chapters :)
Maybe there's gonna be a mention like "after the eventful day" but that's about it-
Enjoy :)

Draco POV

I laid in bed completely still, I heard nothing just a light wind going through the room. I didn't wanna get up, didn't want to go down to the Great hall, I just wanna sleep.
Unfortunately I can't do that, because it's a school day and I just can't skip school again, I've done it too often.

You see, it's my birthday today (Ik it is not but for the sake of this story let's just pretend) and most people actually quite enjoy it, getting a bit attention and seeing people you are close to. But I just hate it. I sometimes say that I have some kind of..tradition? Because every year I end up being sad or cry because that day is just cursed for me, maybe it was something I did in the past but I don't actually know.
It's been years since i have last celebrated it or that people remembered, they are simply too busy and have better things to do than to remember someone's birthday.

It wasn't always easy for me to get over it, I might overreact but when someone you are very close to just forgets your birthday, it just kinda hurts. I am still trying to not let the pain get to me, but at the same time I know that it still stings even if I try to ignore it.
It could be that they didn't forget and just don't do it, is it because I'm annoying? Or weak? Am I unlikable? Did I do something to anger or upset them?

Thoughts were running around my head and It wouldn't stop, before I knew it time flew by and it was already 6:40am. I groaned and stood up from my warm comfortable bed. It's way too early for this. I grabbed my uniform and put it on, as I tried to make my hair look decent I heard someone call my name. I recognised the voice everywhere and had to smile, Harry.

I just grabbed my things and went out of the common room to see Harry standing in front of me. I gave him a slight smile as we headed to the great hall. We were walking in comfortable silence. You could hear voices from the Great hall down the hall, I sighed as we went in there were already lots of people. I really didn't wanna interact with them, but it seemed like I had to. We decided to sit at the Slytherin table because they were a lot quieter than the rest. As we sat down Pansy looked at me with a smile. "Draco! Today's a special day, do you know why?" She exclaimed happily, I smiled slightly and waited for her to speak. Maybe this day won't be as bad at all.

"My mom got me a pet finally! And she said I can pick it up whenever the teachers let me get it!" My smile slightly left my face, oh. Of course it wasn't something else. I forced a smile and looked at her. "I'm happy for you, don't forget to show it to me when you get it". I don't know why I was so disappointed,I shouldn't be, I can't expect everyone to know. But at the same time they just- we've been friends since were little kids- shouldn't they remember?
Those words were pushed aside as Harry asked me what I wanted to eat, "i don't know, I don't feel quite hungry actually" I said so it's a forced smile. He believed me and started eating himself.

After he finished we went to our classes, we had them separately so we gave each other a hug and went into the classes. I was totally drained and didn't feel like I could even listen the teacher as they were talking with no end.
I just tried my best and waited for the classes to be over.

*time skip to the last 2 classes of the day*

The day was so long and it was getting very tiring to listen to everyone and it was starting to be hard, to pay attention. To my luck my next two classes were with Harry as we had Potions. I had a little bit of hope seeing my godfather, maybe he remembered?
As me and Harry walked in, Ron was being annoying telling us how weird we are and how much of a disgrace both me and Harry were, but I couldn't care less. I flinched slightly as a loud voice was hear behind me.
"What are you doing again Mr Weasley, last time I checked you had detention with me because of how you treated your classmates. Do you wanna repeat that, because I will gladly put you into a room for the next two hours with me, if not I would appreciate you sitting down, now." Snape said in a threatening voice.

Ron sat down mumbling cursed under his breath. After everyone sat down he began teaching, he was talking about success and how to brew it. I was listening but his voice made me more tired than the rest. I was already dozing off as Harry slightly shook me awake, I groaned slightly as I looked at him. He just looked down on the paper he had written on, it just said 'are you okay?' Nothing more, I just nodded as I rested my head on my arms again.

As I was slightly dozing off again, I hear Snape dismiss the class. Everyone ran out as I was standing up. Sev came up to me and looked me up and down, "are you alright Dray, you look like you're exhausted and upset" he spoke with a soft tone, I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't I would feel guilty.

"It's nothing, I just didn't sleep much" I lied right through my teeth, it didn't feel right to lie to him, but I couldn't stop myself.
I excused me telling them I would go down and nap for now. I went into my room and fell face first into my bed. I heard something crinkle as I fell onto it, it was- a letter?

Confusion took over my face as I stared at the envelope in my hand, it didn't say from who it is from, which confused me even more.
Curiousity took over as I opened the envelope, It was my fathers handwriting?

Dear Draco,
I am very upset with you still, I hope you know that you will never, NEVER, set a foot inside of the Malfoy mansion. You are a disgrace to the Malfoy family, you disgust me in every way possible. I am ashamed of ever calling you my son, you are no longer my son, you don't deserve the kindness I ever gave you, I hope you know.
Lucius

I crumbled the piece of paper in my hands as angry tears were running down my face, which soon turned into sobs, this time out of pure pain.
Why? Why is it always me??? I know I messed up and I know I'm not perfect but are you joking? I continued to sob into my pillow with thought racing through my brain. I can't have a single nice day, is that what everything is trying to say? Is it too much to ask for, for people to remember my birthday? Am I selfish for just wanting people to remember themselves.
My Family forgot, my best friend forgot, my other friends forgot and even my partner? My partner?? Are you kidding?? Just yesterday we were talking about the birthday, it didn't anger me, I was just upset and disappointed at myself and them.

I just wanna sleep.
Everything is so tiring.
The last few tears running down my face as I fell asleep.
I hate this.

Hello again, I updated- kinda a birthday special if you will? I hope you like it ^^
Also if I made any grammar mistakes, I'm very sorry :/
I hope all of you have an amazing day!

1359 Words