She runs through the familiar office of her wife, ignoring every speck of dust inside. Just as she had hoped, the door isn't locked. Irene smiles. Her hand pulls down the handle and the heavy door opens with a small squeak. Irene peeks her head outside, looking from the left and the right to see if anyone is still wandering around in the corridors. It's silent and pitch black, the only source of light coming from the window at the end of the hallway, where she is headed. With a quick intake of air the black haired girl runs along the hallway, leaving behind both her bedroom and Thea's office.

Thea and Ariadne are in for the surprise of their lives once they open that door. Unless they see her out on the fields of course, which isn't really her intention.

Irene looks outside the window. The same street still stands, the window going through the wall of the temple and the wall around the temple as well. Irene climbs up on the thick windowsill. She looks around for anything to tie her rope with. This was not apart of her plan, she realizes. Eventually she climbs down from the windowsill and opens the nearest door, tying the rope to its handle. She then climbs back up on the windowsill and grabs onto the rope. Irene takes a deep breath of air.

This is the last dangerous phase of her escape plan. All she needs to do is climb down this rope, as fast as possible but also as slowly as possible. If she can't hold her weight with her hands she slides down, and that will cause either burns on her hands or just her falling and dying. But Irene knows her strength. She is strong enough to do this. So she throws the other end of the rope down the window, seeing it fall almost to the ground. She tests the strength of the rope. It holds. It will hold.

Then, Irene starts climbing down.

She grits her teeth while holding onto the rope, legs moving along with the wall. The rope seems a bit unstable. It's only a bunch of tied together shirts after all. Irene is halfway down. From this height she wouldn't die falling, just break a leg or something. But Irene can't afford breaking a leg right now. So she doesn't let go. Instead she keeps going, even as her grip continues to slip and the self made rope starts getting loose. Someone walks by on the street, gasping at the sight of someone climbing down from a window. Irene glances behind her to see them.

"Hi"

Then she continues climbing down, not minding the small audience. Eventually she is close enough to the ground. Irene notices that the rope is going to break at any moment. So instead of letting herself fall down spontaneously, Irene jumps down on her own accord. She catches herself, legs bent. Looking up, the black haired girl sees the rope that she just climbed down moving with the slight wind. A smile spreads over her face. Irene smiles.

Then she runs.

Take that, Ariadne.

There are people everywhere.

So, so many people.

And blood spills to the perfectly polished marble floor. It's going to stain. It pools underneath those who lay on the floor, and it spills from every scratch and slash of their swords. The kind of blood that is easily forgotten once it disappears for those who caused it, but impossible to ever erase for those who do not wish to see it. For those who can only focus on it.

Isaac stares with wide eyes. He only has one thought in mind.

If the maid who cleaned the floors this morning knew that this would happen, would she still have done it? Would she have polished it as perfectly as always? Scrubbed the rock surface until it gleamed under the stark sun? Or would she have slacked off on her duties, knowing that there is no use in cleaning the floor that will soon flood with blood and rotting bodies.