12; Butterflies

"We met in a garden surrounded by butterflies"

🌿

⚠️ fear of sexual harassment, Starvation ⚠️

Isaac has read a few books during his time on this earth.

There was this one special book that he liked the most. It's about a man named River, who's hair is completely blue like the water, and his skin golden like the sun. That's how they describe him, with nothing else. River likes adventures, and in chapter four, he leaves his childhood city to go explore. As a child, that fascinated Isaac. He knew for a fact that he would probably never get to leave his own village, but that didn't stop him from dreaming. Not only dreaming, but wishing to leave and explore the world. There is so much that he doesn't know about, so much that he doesn't understand, just waiting for him out there.

In chapter fourteen River ends up getting kidnapped and taken hostage by a strange man, who wants to take all of his money. River is very rich, and that also made Isaac excited. He didn't know much about being rich, how it was, how it could be, until he read that book. Maybe it was a curse, because afterwards, he couldn't stop wishing for such an expensive and adventurous lifestyle. River fights off all the bad guys, and ends up escaping through the chimney of the house he's held captive in. All of that happens in chapter fifteen, and it's Isaac's favorite chapter by far.

However, he never imaged to actually get kidnapped himself. To actually be held captive, against his own will. Yet here he is, locked inside one of the many rooms at the palace, completely lost and confused.

River's experience with being taken captive was exciting, sending shivers down his spine as he read it. Real life is, not so much. Isaac never expected it to be so boring. All he does is sit around all day, staring at the white walls like he's going crazy. The young boy feels his stomach churning with pain, but he still refuses to eat anything. How could he possibly touch that food, when he can't even understand what they are saying? Worst of all, they have put him in this, slightly revealing, outfit, and it just makes him uncomfortable. Because, what if, what if they want to drug him, want to take advantage of him when he is drugged. What if...

These are scenarios he has never had to think about before. It's quite odd how ones life can change in just a matter of hours. When Isaac woke up in the morning, his second day at the island, nobody came to visit or check up on him. He didn't know what to do about that. Who knew being held captive is just a lot of waiting around and nothing else? So he sat on the balcony and stared at everything happening in the city below, the busy harbor and luscious forest, the market place and the training field. Everything looked so, fascinating, so special.

But after hours of doing only that, his stomach began to scream for food. All he can do now is lay on his bed, holding onto his stomach, and hope he doesn't starve to death. Isaac has seen hunger before, but it's somehow worse when he can smell it from the market place, or see it on his bedside table. He should eat. But Isaac won't. He can't trust them enough to eat, and after a few hours it became less of a trust issue, and more of a stubbornness and fear issue. And as the sun begins to glide down the sky, Isaac has spent the entire day alone, in silence, with hunger clawing at him from the inside out.

He feels like sh*t.

It's around that time that the door opens.

Emperor Anaxagoras. The greatest man you will ever meet, at least according to the texts written about him. He has golden hair, that shines brighter than the sun. He has brown eyes, resembling those of a lions. His mouth, always turned serious, however, if you catch him smile, it's a proud grin that makes everyone fall to their knees in an instant. He has the voice of an angel, the commanding tone of a devil. He is kind, but just, and sometimes described as cold. However, he is not drawn back and introverted. Rather, quite the opposite. Anaxagoras enjoys hosting parties, festivities and traditions, with many people and dancing, music and wine.