Soon, assembly was done, and Kazuya was the first to get up, and pushed his bangs back. Some of the kids looked his way, even Kim. He casually walked his way down the bleachers, making loud footsteps while the metal and plastic frames rattled under his weight, and I could feel the vibration of my seat as he walked past. With the flip of his hair, he blended in with other kids below as we all filed out the doors, and back to our classes. Tristan held onto my waist, while Ryo and Shaun held onto each sides of my arms, so that we didn't lose one another, before we had to separate for our classes once we got into the commons area.

*************************

I bit into a hamburger at lunch as Tristan and his friend sat at my table, and they were watching me eat.

"Who are you taking to the dance?" The kid asked, popping a piece of tater tot into his mouth, and began crunching loudly.

"The dance's not until 2 1/2 weeks away. Besides, there's more boys than girls at this school." I told him, still chewing on my burger. True, there are way more boys than girls, and the juniors have even less girls, followed by the seniors.

The freshman had even more girls than boys, however...

"He's hot, isn't he?" Tristan asked his friend, then grabbed his arm. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he asked that question. I found myself flicking my head more than often, since my bangs now fell over my eyes. It took some getting used to, but I like it. A lot.

"I don't know. I've only seen him for the first time. At least he's different. In this lunch period at least." he says, then chomps down on his burger while washing it all down with regular milk. 

Kind of like Rae back at that burger joint. And he still does it from time to time.

"Oh, come on. Don't say that. It'll break my heart if you say such things to my Elliot." Tristan says, then grabbed some of his friend's tater tots, and popped them into his mouth.

"Okay, for you. Yes. He's hot." I should've mentioned my mom's part Japanese, even though she's American, and my dad's American, so that' why I look more 'Asian', even though I'm also American, at least on my dad's side. Tristan's friend took out his phone, and snapped a pic of me, then faced the screen at me.

Whoa! I look like that?! I look even more 'Asian' in that pic! Either that, or I was just sleepy, since my classes have become harder now that spring break was over, as if we are now freefalling to finals

Whoa! I look like that?! I look even more 'Asian' in that pic! Either that, or I was just sleepy, since my classes have become harder now that spring break was over, as if we are now freefalling to finals. I now have more writing assignments and a harder math to contend with, and even Biology wants a 5-page research and hypothesis on cells, all done with 'APA' format. 

Tristan took his friend's phone away, then his eyes grew even wider, as he studied the screen. I guess I do have a part of mom's Japanese ancestry in me, even if its distant.

"You're even more hotter in pics than in real life! Can I have a copy of it?" he asked his friend. I just watched them bicker over their phone as I chewed into my hamburger once more, and drank my chocolate milk. I guess that's the reason everyone's been giving me the eye lately, especially since my growth spurt during spring break, which was now two weeks ago. Soon, I felt hands slam on my shoulders, and spin me around, almost knocking me off of my chair. It was the junior class representatives, and the student president had his hands on my shoulders, while the vice-president and secretary stood behind him.

"You're Elliot, aren't you?" he asked, and held out a hand. On his wrist was a fancy watch, kind of like those movies about a snooty private school kid with all his expensive stuff, and that's what he reminded me of.

"Come with us." he says, while I looked at the clock, but he seemed to read my mind. "It won't take long." Tristan and his friend looked at me, and I shrugged at them. And I followed them, to the library.

********************************

 "So, what was all that about?" Tristan asked, as class was about to start, and lunch was almost over.

"They want me to model for the school, and to represent what the junior class does in the school. Photograph stuff. For the newspapers, and these pamphlets they're coming out with for the fall school year." I knew the photographer's going to be Elijah, since he also does stuff for the yearbook club, and for the school in general.

"See. I told you you're cut out. You look like a model in my eyes." Tristan says, and for once, his friend seemed to agree with him. Before I could reply, the bell rang.

"Well, see you after school." I tell Tristan. And he waves back, before his friend grabs his waist as they made their way to class.