Bridge Guardians: Part 1

3rd person POV:

Team 7 waited for their sensei who was late once more.

Majima: Should we just come an hour later than when he tells us to arrive?

Sakura: I-I don't know about that... What if this is some kind of test?

Majima: Not everything is a test, Sakura. I think he just sucks at arriving on time.

Kiryu: Tch, test or not. It's simply annoying to be waiting around.

Majima: Exactly.

Kakashi: Apologies students, I was occupied with the flow of life, getting lost in the flow of time as a result.

On a light post, Kakashi stood.

Kiryu: Hmph.

Kakashi: I see you all are annoyed. However, I might have something to change your tune.

Sakura: What would that be?

Majima: Another conspiracy?

Kakashi: No.

Kakashi:(mind) I hope...

Kakashi: It's something you all would consider a "real" mission.

This caught the attention of the three, who perked up to focus on what Kakashi would say next.

Kakashi: A bridge-builder has requested an escort to an island so he can finish a bridge.

Kakashi: A classic escort mission. Defend the client with all you've got.

Majima: Not bad, Sensei. At least this sounds like a real starting point.

Kiryu: Guard a person?

Kakashi: Yep.

Kiryu:... Understood.

Kakashi: Hope you brought your things like I asked because we leave, right away.

Without question, the four head out to meet up with the Bridgebuilder and escort him to an island in the Land of Waves.

(Opening theme)

Leaving the territory, Team 7 began escorting the Bridgebuilder, Tazuna, to his homeland where he was to build a bridge connecting an island to the mainland.

Kiryu:... So why is does the island need a bridge?

Tazuna: Because travel by boat has become too dangerous, and the island needs supplies.

Kiryu: Dangerous? How?

Tazuna: I'm not paying to deal with, so it shouldn't be any of your concern.

Kiryu:...

Kiryu:?

Hearing something, Kiryu stops in his tracks, Kakashi then noticed the same thing and stopped the builder, as Majima, followed by Sakura took notice.

Sakura: What's wrong?

Finding that they've been noticed, two Ninjas leap out of the trees, here to kill the Bridgebuilder.

Kiryu:(takes fighting stance)

Majima: I got this...

Pulling out a knife, Majima took this fight upon himself.