(Chapter 8) The Incident... Or... Murder

Ajax and Ruby kept walking backwards. Allen and Mercury kept walking towards them. As this was happening, Pyrrha and Penny were at the arena. They are not aware of this.

Ruby: Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt... Why-? What's going on and why are you with Allen?

Allen: That's top secret for you, Red.

Ruby stayed silent. Then Ajax and her stopped.

Ajax: Ruby... you need to get out of here...

Ruby: What about-

Ajax: There's no time! Go! Now!

Ruby nods in fear. She tries to run, but Allen pointed his hand at her and an unknown force pulled her back. She crashed onto the floor.

Allen: Oh... She's not going anywhere...

Ajax: You're a fucking psycho!

Allen: Am I?

Later, the match with Pyrrha and Penny started. Allen chuckled.

Allen: It's showtime!

Allen runs dashes towards Ajax. He jumps kicks at Ajax, which sent him back a bit. Ajax kept his ground and just slid in the floor as he stood still. Allen turns to Ruby. He wields a knife and tries to stab Ruby. She kept dodging his attacks. Then a bullet flies right by Allen's head. They gasped. Then they turned to Ajax. He had a sidearm pointed at Allen.

Ajax: Come on, Ruby!

Allen glares at Ajax. Allen runs to Ajax. Ajax fired multiple bullets at him, but he was quick to dodge them. Allen goes for a punch. Ajax blocked it and aims the sidearm at his head. Allen dodged a bullet and disarmed him. Ruby got up and ran. She took out her scroll, but it was knocked off her hands by Mercury. She gasped and looked at him.

Mercury: Let's just keep this between us "friends".

He stood in front of her. Ajax was seen launching at a wall. He looks up and see Allen dash at him as he points the knife to Ajax's chest. Ajax ducks and the knife stabbed the wall. Ajax stepped to the side. Allen growls and slide the knife that is in the wall to Ajax. Ruby tries to run past Mercury, but he kept getting in the way.  Ajax noticed. He summoned a shadow clone. It appeared next to him and run for Mercury. Mercury turns to it. He gasped. The clone heavy punched him in the face. The kept punching him on the stomach and the side of his chest. Ajax noticed Allen taking the knife out and trying to stab his face again. He grabbed Allen's arm and then kicked his leg to get him to the ground. Ajax held him down as he had his arm to his back. Allen struggles.

Ajax: Go! Now!

Ruby nods and runs. Ajax struggled to keep Allen down, but was elbowed to the face. The clone with Mercury had a brawl. Then it managed to grab his head and slammed him into the wall. Ruby kept running. Then she made it out and noticed everyone gasping. She was confused, but later found out what happened... At the middle of the arena... laid the remaining parts of her friend... Penny... Penny was ripped apart and the light in her eyes faded away. Ruby fell to her knees because of the scenery.

Ruby: Penny...

Later, Ajax was flung out of the door behind her. He gets back up. He was weak, but then he noticed Ruby kneeling on the ground.

Ajax: Ruby! What's-?!

He gasped. He noticed the scenery that made Ruby broke. He struggled to walk to her. Then he fell to his knees.

Ajax: No...

Later, Allen and Mercury bust through the door. They were about to attack the two, but noticed the incident. They smiled. Then walked back to the hallway they were in and left them. Ajax noticed the broadcast that kept showing the incident. Then broadcast changed red and a chest piece was on the screen. Along with Cinder talking.

Cinder: This was not a accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children. To men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our academy's headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both. The cling to this power in the name of peace. And yet... what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army. Mercilessly torn apart by another star pupil. However... something else had happened here... a student... was left murdered...

A picture of what appears to be Y/N was shown on screen. He was left unconscious and his eyes were opened. His right arm was missing and everything else that he went through was shown on the screen. Ajax gasped. However, he is not the only one who is shocked by this info. Ghost, Roach, and Desti were sitting down at the colosseum. Ghost punched his chair as the other two were in disbelief. Weiss had her scroll out as the broadcast happened. When she saw this... it broke her into tears... she cried her heart out as Blake was next to her and tried to comfort her by hugging her. Back to Ajax, he tried to stand up, but he dropped to his knees again.

Ajax: Y/N... God... damn it... damn it all to hell...!

Cinder: What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl and what need would the kingdoms have to protect this boy from danger. I don't think the Grimm could tell a difference. And what I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, one of his students being executed in cold blood, and now this. Huntsmen and huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither. Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the tournament would help forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves. As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you, the situation there is equally desirable. Our kingdoms are at the brink of war. Yet we the citizens are left in the dark. So I ask you, when the first shots are fired, who do you think you can trust?

The broadcast ends. The alarms starts going off to announced that a Grimm attack is happening.

AI: Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.

The crowd starts running and screaming. They ran passed Ajax and Ruby. They did bump Ajax a couple times as Ajax kept staring at the screen that the broadcast was shown.

Ajax: Fuck...! FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!! NO!!! IT-! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!!!

He slammed his fist to the ground and yelled. Then he heard something roaring. He looked up. His eyes widened. A Nevermore was above the colosseum and starts screeching. Ajax gasped and panicked. Then Ghost, Roach and Desti got to him. They were panicking as well.

Ghost: Status report!

Ajax: I-! Uh! I-! Ah! What am I supposed to report?!? We're being attack and-!

*SCREECH*

The Nevermore lets out a screech and begins attacking the shield of the colosseum. The four stared at it with a terrified look. They stepped away.

Desti: Oh... This isn't good...

Ajax turned to Ruby who was still in shock and frozen. He turns to Pyrrha who was in shock. He looks at everyone else. Even what's left of Penny. This is a lot to handle. They can't even figure out what to even do. Then he looks back at the Nevermore.

Ajax: What do we even do in this situation...

End of Chapter