(Chapter 10, Finale) The Fall Of Vale

Everything is falling apart. Ruby landed on an Atlas airship and is now crashing down. Blake, Yang, and Weiss had their own problems they need to deal with, whether it is the Grimm... or the White Fang... OR a giant Grimm that is just like a Nevermore flying around Beacon. Along with Pyrrha and Jaune going to a vault underneath Beacon. The two against Shepherd and his troops, they were struggling. Ajax was against Velikan and Lerch. Meanwhile, Desti was against Roze. Ajax had to dodge a lot of stabs from Lerch as Velikan kept charging at him with the shield. He even used it as a melee weapon, swinging it left and right. Ajax threw a flash bang underneath Velikan. It blinds him. Then Ajax wraps his arm around Velikan's neck and pulls out a knife. Lerch aims the rifle at Ajax, but a clone of Ajax appears and points a pistol at him. Ajax was just about to stab Velikan until Shepherd spoke.

Shepherd: Hold it right there!

Ajax turns to Shepherd. He gasped. Desti was on the ground. Her hands were behind her back as Roze kneeled on top of her with the rifle aimed at Desti's head. Shepherd wield his sidearm at Desti's head as well and had his finger near the trigger.

Shepherd: Drop it or she dies!

Ajax hesitated on killing Velikan. He begins to panick. Velikan kept struggling to make Ajax lose his grip. Then Velikan took out a knife from a holster on his leg and stabbed Ajax on the leg.

Ajax: Gah!

Ajax loses his grip. Then Velikan punched him on the chin and was let free. Shepherd shot the clone that was focused on Lerch. Then Velikan beats down Ajax. Ajax fell to the floor as Velikan was on top of him and kept punching.

Desti: Ajax!

Shepherd and his Shadows watched Velikan beat up Ajax. Desti panicked. She was trying to figure out what she can do. Then it hit her.

Desti: STOP!!!!!

Velikan stopped. Then turned to Desti. Shepherd even turned to her. Desti had tears forming in her eyes.

Desti: Please.... Stop.......

Shepherd put the sidearm away. Then gestured everyone else to stop.

Shepherd: Call in evac. We're done here. We have what we need here anyways.

Velikan got up. Lerch called in a transport vehicle. Desti had tears falling from her face.

Desti: What were you even after.....?

Shepherd: You. Someone asked for us to capture you. We'll send you to her.

Later, a helicopter landed near them. Ajax tries to get up, but can't get himself to stand on his feet. Shepherd gestured his troops to get to the helicopter.

Shepherd: Let's go!

Velikan: Roger that.

Lerch: What about the others, sir?

Shepherd: Leave them. They're not important right now.

Roze grabbed Desti by the shirt collar and pulled her up. Then she forcefully pulled her to the helicopter. Shepherd and the others follows Roze. Then they got into the helicopter. Ajax tries to crawl to the helicopter. He reached out to Desti just as it leaves. It left him alone.