focus ■lee juyeon■

Start from the beginning

“i- what?” you blink rapidly, feeling your cheeks heat up. you hope that juyeon doesn’t notice.

juyeon’s lips curl into a smirk at your response.“i said that you’re cute,” he repeats, his eyes flitting down to your rosy cheeks, his signature smirk widening. “especially when you’re all flustered, like you are right now.”

you let out a huff and turn back towards the front of the classroom, your eyes desperately looking above at the clock. there was still half an hour left of the period. there was no way you were going to make it out alive.

“cat got your tongue, y/n?” juyeon asks, and you can feel his gaze on you. 

it took every ounce of bravery inside you to meet his eyes. when you finally did, he moved his face ever so slightly towards yours. 

“i ask again,” his voice was just above a whisper. “do i make you nervous, y/n?”

determined to keep your cool, you shake your head back and forth, not breaking eye contact. 

juyeon hums and sighs. “oh, well,” he leans back in his seat. “guess i was wrong.” he shrugs a little and turns his attention to the front of the class as the teacher begins speaking again.

you let out a big sigh of relief. being partners with juyeon had to be the worst possible thing ever. and it wasn’t just that he was impossible to work with due to his lack of focus, but it was because of the embarrassingly large affect he had on you.

while your teacher is still rambling on, you study juyeon from the corner of your eyes. god, was he attractive. if you didn’t know any better, you wouldn’t think he was real. he was like a dream, honestly.

maybe it was his dreamy eyes that made your heart skip a few beats whenever he looked into yours. maybe it was his perfect lips that looked oh so kissable. maybe it was everything about his perfect face. 

maybe it wasn’t just his face that you were attracted to. maybe it was his large hands that you had moved your eyes to. his palms alone were about the size of your face. you couldn’t even imagine how good his hands must feel on-

“i think we should make a poster board,” juyeon says, snapping you out of your thoughts.

“huh?” you hate how stupid you sound and you mentally smack yourself.

“for the project,” juyeon explains. “were you not listening?” you catch his lips curling into that stupid smirk again.

“i...zoned out a bit, yeah,” you admit, offering an apologetic smile. “sorry.”

juyeon shakes his head. “not a problem,” he tells you. “let’s just get back to work.”

you nod quickly, letting out a breath you didn’t know you were holding. “yeah, let’s do that.”

juyeon wasn’t stupid. he knew that you were eyeing him up while the teacher was talking. he could feel your eyes on him throughout the whole thing. he was pleased that he could cause you to lose focus like you had been doing to him the whole lesson.

“since our element is carbon, we should explain what things carbon can be found in, where you can find it and where it originated, it’s number, mass, etc, etc,” you list, drawing a small diagram on your notebook of what you thought your poster board should look like. “how does that sound?”

“sounds great,” juyeon says, impressed that he was actually able to listen for once. “you really know your stuff, huh?”

you blush a little at his praise. “well, i like to think that,” you internally cringe at the giggle you let out. what were you, twelve?