2 • 113 • 125

Start from the beginning

As he walked away, far from the woman, he still could hear her cry.

These years when he lost his friend, he thought that he will only be able to move from his past and be very satisfied if he killed the one who made him felt lonely. But now that he had murdered him, he wasn't happy at all.

He was aware that there were no "pure evil" in this world. And perhaps inside his heart, he regretted what he has done. But if he didn't avenge his best friend, who would? Would his best friend blame him for not being loyal if he knew that he couldn't even avenge him? Would he be able to rest in peace knowing that his friend was afraid to take revenge for him?

He had avenged his friend, but though he had avenged him, he couldn't see him around. Not even his shadow appear to thank him.

Instead, what he heard was the cry of the woman who lost her love.

'Am I doing the right thing?'

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

"How to win this game, you say...?"

Celeste repeated her words. She raised her head and looked at the blue sky made from shinsu. She let out a heavy sigh.

She looked much more relaxed which confused Helen. Celeste closed her eyes and spoke, "The game is already over."

Helen really wanted to ask, what made this girl looked so peaceful? Where was that terrified and worried expression? How did she become so calm all of the sudden? She was still there, standing in front of her as her sworn enemy. 

But it was a moment later when she felt pain on her throat that she understood what was going on.

Her throat and her palm, they felt that they have been burned by something. She fell on the ground because of the pain and held her throat. Her palm that was in great pain was holding and clenching on the grass.

"You... is that poison...?"

Her voice became hoarse. She looked at Celeste.

Now, the young girl who she thought as innocent and naive before had this cruel and cold smirk at her face. That smirk on her face looked like she was laughing at her pain.

"Well, how does it feel?" She asked. "I've put a lot of effort on this Nightmare Black Butterflies. I hope that you enjoy them."

"You...!"

Her Nightmare Black Butterflies was the new kind of butterflies she was trying to develop. However, as hard as it was to cultivate two types of butterflies in the same time, she could only make one and spent a lot of energy for it. Her Nightmare Black Butterfly only worked to those who had been through a painful experience or torment where the effect could be various.

If her victim was once pushed to the sea and nearly drowned, then the effect of this butterfly would be the feeling of suffocation and drowned.

If her victim was once abused, then the effect would be the pain all over his body as if he was being hit.

If her victim was a man who regretted all his sins, then those sins would be displayed on his mind again and again until he lost his sanity completely.

It was a cruel method. But from her "friend" who taught her how cruel world could be, she knew that she had to be crueler to survive.

'In order to survive and protect everything and everyone around me, I have abandoned the young and naive me.'

She abandoned who she was to walk forward in this path filled with thorns.