Chapter 12: Wai Momi

Depuis le début

Elsewhere the USS Ranger was terribly damaged and the planes on her deck were blown to smithereens, the bridge of the ship was consumed by flames. Sailors on the sides of the carrier fought the intense heat while lighting up the sky with AA rounds. A dragon landed on the deck of the burning aircraft carrier and looked down into the fallen elevator and spewed a torrent a fire inside burning sailors alive and cooking ammunition that ammunition would explode and cause a chain reaction throughout the ship. As the bombs, bullets, and oil exploded flames rushed through the ship killing any surviving sailors and finally destroying the ship altogether. The mighty USS Ranger, the same ship that was a part of the Atlantic Expedition one of Americas greatest adventures was now nothing but a burning hunk of metal.

Around the harbor dozens and dozens of ships either laid on fire or wrecked beyond repair, the dragons continued to rain down fire on the base and Pearl City killing countless civilians.

Having done enough damage the commanders of the attack force blew war horns that sent shivers down the sailors and soldiers below telling the dragon riders that the attack was over and return.

(Song: Trapped Sailors, Roosevelts Speech from Pearl Harbor)

As the last dragon flew away, the entire base was silent except the sound of weeping, shouts for help, and the roar of flames. The sky darkened as the plumes of smoke reached high, oil slicked the water and when rescue boats pulled sailors out of the water they were covered in oil and skin peeled off from the flames.

On the airfield and HQ grounds bodies laid everywhere, burned and decapitated bodies.

In battleship row the scene was haunting, ships burned and oil on the water burned, in the harbor waters hundreds upon hundreds of bodies floated on the surface with life jackets around their shoulders. Aboard the capsized Oklahoma sailors on the battleships underbelly listening in horror as sailors trapped inside banged on the ships interior begging for help as the water rose. A heart-breaking moment happened when a sailors hand reached out from a hole in the ships underbelly for someone to help him and others trapped inside.

A sailor roaming the ships belly dazed heard his cries and rushed over, crouching down the sailor grabbed a hold of his hand and proceeded to yell for help. The trapped sailor continued to cry mentioning the water getting higher and how he wanted his momma; the sailor gripped the boys hand tighter and continued to yell for help. But by then it was already too late the men trapped inside began drowning, however neither sailor let go until the trapped took his last breath and the sailor outside heart broke when the hand loosened its grip and fell limb.

On solid ground the naval hospital was jam packed with overwhelming numbers of injured pouring in, the hospital staff did the best they could with what they had but it was just too much. Around the base soldiers who were defending the harbor the best they could sat on rubble or whatever they could and sat in silence consoling one another while they stared into space, pilots of the airfield looked at destroyed planes and they too sat in silence doing the same thing the soldiers were doing. Others inspected the corpses of shot down dragons and their riders and weren't entirely surprised to see that the riders were Mongolian. All of this destruction and death in just one hour.

It didn't take long for Franklin D. Roosevelt to find out about the attack and now he had to prepare to tell the people of the United States of the horrible act committed.

December 8th, 1940
Washington DC, Capital Building

Mr. Vice President, and Mr. Speaker, and Members of the Senate and House of Representatives: Yesterday, December 7, 1940—a date which will live in infamy—the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by air forces of the Mongolian Empire.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. I regret to tell you that very many American lives have been lost. In addition, American ships have been reported attacked on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory. I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us

There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory, and our interests are in grave danger. With confidence in our armed forces—with the unbounding determination of our people—we will gain the inevitable triumph, so help us God. I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Mongolia on Sunday, December 7, 1940, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Mongolian Empire.

The following day Franklin D. Roosevelt called for all out production of military weaponry, planes, tanks, vehicles, ships, and whatever else would be important for the war even projects were to be tested. Probably greatest of all was the outrage of the American people who were livid about the attack and men started signing up for the war and woman started applying for factory jobs to help. America was finally at war with the Mongolian Empire.

Pacific Ocean

A vast fleet of a million or more Mongolian ships sailed away from the Hawaiian island with great speed. Among the fleet of ships were very large ships thousands of them about the same size of an aircraft carrier but smaller that carried most of the dragons while the rest landed on the warships.

Leading the massive fleet was a dreadnaught named the 'Khan' where Chaghatai himself stood at the ships bow hands behind his back looking out towards the open ocean. Behind him he heard a thump and looked to see Batuhan with a proud look on his face, "Haha we devastated them my friend!" Batuhan said out loud however Chaghatai wasn't excited about it as he should've in fact, he was worried... very worried.

"Chaghatai what bothers you?" Batuhan asked, "I fear we may have awakened something, something that will destroy Mongolia". Batuhan huffed at this and patted Chaghatai's shoulder, "I wouldn't worry about it, we have three mountain sized dragons in our arsenal that can deliver devasting destruction and don't forget we have dragons not just fire breathing but all sorts, don't worry Chaghatai".