Late Night Visit

Amelia Watson

It was nighttime when Gura came into my room with a bashful look on her face. Twiddling her fingers, she looked down as she spoke hesitantly.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

I couldn't believe my ears as she went on to describe why she wanted to sleep with me. She said that there was a scary monster under her bed that kept asking if she had any games on her phone. Apparently, It was small, and wore some kind of detective outfit. I can think of one person that fits that description, but they were in a world farther than my own.

I was in bed, reading a book about aquatic life, and how to take care of some of them if I ever wanted them as a pet. Looking across the room, I put down my glasses on my bedside table and gestured her over to an empty space.

"Sure," I said, not feeling any type of way.

Gura beamed up and took a professional dive in the vase pool of water that was my bed. She accumulated five points just for jumping and zero points for the landing. She looks really happy if she just wanted to avoid the dangers under her bed.

No matter.

I placed my book on the bedside table beside my glasses and just looked up at the ceiling. But for Gura, she took that as an opportunity to snuggle against my arms like a baby Koala. The grip to body ratio was high, as I could feel the warmth of her entire body.

"Feeling good, now?" I questioned her, as she was smiling the nighttime away.

"You know, why do we have separate rooms? Can't we just use one of them?" she said, tossing me a question out of nowhere. Her smile failed to go away even for a little.

"It's because of your tail. Take a look at how much space you're taking."

She got up to her knees onto the bed to observe the situation. When that was over, she pondered a little, returning to her previous position. This time when I tried to make eye contact with her, she avoided my gaze.

"Is not that much. You're exaggerating."

"Sure, Gura."

Our conversation could've ended there, but she continued, seemingly not satisfied with my answer.

"Why don't you get a bigger bed then? That will solve all our problems."

"We may be Vtubers, but we ain't filthy rich. Talk to me when you roll up in a Bugatti or a Rolls-Royce. Maybe, then we can afford one."

"I haven't been here for five minutes, and you've already gotten salty. This is what I love about you, Ame. Hm."

Her grip on my arm got a bit stronger. Gura and I have a friend-like relationship. So if she's gripping this much, she must be really worried, or just plotting to take up more of the warm space on the bed. Which is fine too. I don't mind.

"How was that thing you went to with the other members?" she said, not making it clear what she was talking about. I don't know what that thing was, so I hope she elaborates.

"You seemed to have lots of fun with Mumei, and the others."

Ohhh.

She must be talking about the Off Collab I did with them. Well, I wasn't much. We idled and decided to do Karaoke in the end. I wouldn't necessarily call that having fun. I mean, we all share different interests, so I couldn't play the games I wanted to play. Pretty much the idea came out of nowhere.

It wasn't my kinda fun, but if everybody is happy at the end of the day, then I'm happy to call that a success.

"I heard you blushing a lot."