Chapter 39 - the deal

"I will do that Gab, don't worry and I will update you e

"I will do that Gab, don't worry and I will update you e.ve.ry.day." Joey replied as he rolled his eyes after I asked him to look at my father, I mean my adopted father, since I'm going to Italy today and stay there for weeks or more, depends on the situation.

"Stop rolling your eyes or it might stuck there forever." I commented before throwing my clothes on my suitcase.

Since he's still in the hospital, I told him that I quit fighting underground and focus on my studies. Well, he asked where I got the money for his medication, and other bills, and since he's becoming strong and healthy, I told him everything. He listened to me intently and when I'm done, he refused to look at me but it was just for few moments. He said that I should told him once he found out but I can't because of his health status and I couldn't take the risk. I love him as much as I love Alejandro.

Then he remind me to be careful and vigilant and warned me of the people that want me dead for which I don't have any idea of who they are.

"Are you sure you will go there without your bodyguards and fly only in an ordinary plane?" He asks in teasing manner, and I'm the one who rolled the eyes this time.

'Ofcourse I'm sure. It's just that I have to convince Alejandro though I know that he will not agree with it, but what can he do? It's my decision and I'm not a kid.' I replied mentally.

"Yes I'm sure and stop interviewing me, just keep an eye on my father, okay? Maybe I might give you something from Italy when I come back." I say before zipping up my suitcase. His eyes widened and I want to roll my eyes again. He's so dramatic.

"You can't come back here without anything for me, Gabriel! I'm your bestfriend!" He says while throwing his hands in the air. I sighed deeply because he knows deep inside that I will still give him something even he's so annoying.

After 1 hour, he decided to go home but not before giving him some money for his family and ofcourse to my father if ever he needs something for emergency. The money that I gave him was meant for his family as help until he finish his college.

Yes, he started going to school so that once he graduated, he will work for me. I want to bring him to Italy because he's also on semestral break, but his mother and sisters needs him here and I need him to look at my adopted father.

Once he left, I decided to visit my Papa to his office and God help me that I will convince him without a fight.

"Enter" I heard him say.

His eyes turned to me impassively as if he expected already my appearance.

When I look around I saw my sister sitting beautifully and relaxed on the couch while reading a book.

Oh! I'm absolutely gonna miss her. Eversince her abduction, she started to sleep on my bed, but sometimes with our father, if I'm not available and I think it helps her feel better.