2 • 112 • 124

Start from the beginning

Celeste looked at her brother with the hoping expression, "R- really...?"

"Yes! Now, don't cry anymore" said Noah as he hugged his little sister like she was the most precious treasure he ever had. "Mama will kill me if she knows you are crying. A grown- up doesn't cry, you know...."

Little Celeste hummed and nodded her head, trying not to cry anymore and trying to stop the tears from falling from her eyes again.

'But when will that day come?'

The warm and loving gaze of her father was mysterious replaced with the cold and lonely gaze. Those fierce purple eyes looked straight at her, sending chills to her. Those purple eyes were looking at her without feelings and warmth.

'When I lost everything?'

Little Celeste wasn't used with that gaze. After all, she and her brother were always doted by their parents. To see her parents suddenly ending up like this, she was bewildered and scared. 

"Go."

She called her deceased mother, begging her father who she knew had changed to save her mother.

"I give you a chance to survive."

"MAMA! MAMA!"

"Go and get stronger."

As her brother pulled her away, she reached out her hand towards her parents, crying and begging. But neither of her family members listened to her cries.

"When you are strong enough, come back and challenge me."

The strong but cold one had a great change in his heart. Another one lied on the ground as a corpse. The younger and weaker one who was trying to separate her from her parents understood the situation better than her and with sadness, he took her away from her precious people. Without asking for her consent.

"I give you the chance to kill the murderer of your parents."

And there was the young girl crying the whole night with the hope praying that this was all just a nightmare. But what kind of nightmare will be this painful?

"But if you aren't strong enough when that time comes, then remember that you will be the one who I devour."

The loving family had reached its end today. Right at that night, the November, that loving and warm picture of family had shattered. It was the end for their trusts to each other and the start of the cold battle. Whether she liked or not, whether she wanted to believe it or not, it was the truth that she will have to face.

She could cover her own senses with lies. She could always stay asleep towards the reality. But it was just a temporary shelter. Sooner or later, she will have to face the storm called "reality".

A lie was a lie. There was nothing more than that.

Her fate was predestined. It was either she betray her father or betray her mother. And it was her desire, to attempt to run away and break through this predestined fate.

Her strong desire to get stronger, to not feel the pain just like that night and her desire to escape from her predestined fate changed her. As she ran away from her father along with her brother, she experienced many things. The naive girl was forced by fate and by her father to struggle in this tower, facing life- and- death situations, betrayals, bullying and many more when she wasn't ready yet.

To survive this far, she depended on her brother. She depended on her luck and a little of her skills. Because she wasn't strong enough. She wasn't that cold or ignorant. She was never raised by her parents to be a heartless and scheming person. But just because she wasn't heartless, just because she was nice and kind towards the others, it didn't mean that the others will treat her the same.