𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐎

Start from the beginning

"Why? Are you running low?"

"If you give me the entire bar, I'll let you keep the wrapper and I'll also cut you a small piece."

"I don't love you enough to pretend this is a good transaction."

Remus let out a small laugh.

"Ouch, Claire."

The couple walked in silence, the cool air hitting their skin as sounds buzzed around them. Callisto was surprised to see that other seventh years were in the village too, probably because they needed the five hours of the trip off before they went back to their studying. Surely, being in Hogsmeade was nice, but she couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. She should be buried in her DADA book now, not going to the Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer before Lily took them to try out her new camera right outside the village.

"Stressed about Defense?"

"Last night I had a dream that my DADA books came to life and followed me everywhere, making fun of me for not understanding half the material, while pixies laughed and zapped my ass..."

Remus smirked, "Was I in the dream?"

"No." Callisto admitted. "But, you were in my dream on Thursday."

His smirk only got more prominent, as he leaned closer to her ear, "What was I doing?"

"Trying to sell me flip flops with heels."

"It's like you're not even attracted to me, I swear." He murmured teasingly. "Well, how about we pull an all nighter, studying everything you don't understand over mugs of Irish coffee? It should relieve some of the exam stress."

"And tomorrow we do the same for Potions."

"Thank Merlin we don't understand the subjects the other person is scarily good at." Remus pondered. "Imagine me being also shitty at DADA, and you being forced to study with James."

Callisto let out a laugh, remembering the last time she had tried to study with James. They had started off as being very focused, until they looked at each other and spent the next half hour laughing for no reason. Lily had found them with tears in their eyes, unable to form a single word.

Remus opened the door of the pub and slightly nudged Callisto to get inside. He eyed the chocolate peeking through the pocket of her hoodie and went to get it, only for the fabric to tighten around his arm, preventing him from removing his arm with the food.

"Caught red-handed, Lupin."

"It was a crime of passion." Remus justified, embarrassment creeping up on his cheeks as he followed Callisto to their booth. His hand was still stuck in her hoodie, people giving him weird looks as he followed the shorter girl with his arm in her pocket.

"Callisto, light of my life, please release me from the booby trap."

"Sorry." She mumbled, tapping her wand at the fabric of the pocket. Remus removed his arm, pouting slightly as the chocolate remained safe in her pocket.

"Hello, Lupins!" Sirius cheerfully greeted, passing both a butterbeer.

"Claire, not Lupin." Callisto corrected, trying to control her facial expression from showing how freaked out she really was, because it actually did sound quite nice. Definitely better than Lawson, and surely less ridiculous than Belby.

"Give it a few years, okay, Blondie?"

Callisto didn't say anything, instead drinking some of her butterbeer. Remus on the other hand was bright red. He really hadn't expected his first thought to be 'Would she want to invite her parents, or will someone else walk her down the aisle?', but it had and he wasn't all too sure how he should feel about liking the idea.