03, Sekret's Out

Ronela was hiding in the bathroom. Her breath was still trying to catch up to her. She couldn't think straight. Does she tell someone and save Mahmood, potentially losing her life in the process? Or does she keep quiet and save her life, possibly risking the safety of Mahmood?

She didn't want to leave the bathroom she was in. It almost felt as if she was glued to the floor where she was sat trying to hide. She didn't even know what she was hiding from anymore. Was it her own thoughts? Was it the fear of death? Was it Mahmood's safety that was on the line?

The screams outside the door began to descend and soon began to get almost completely silent. From a distance, it sounded like Chanel was calling for Ronela. Ronela couldn't move however. She was too petrified to even move the slightest bit. She didn't want to call out for her either, for she knew that the guys who hurt Mahmood might still be there.

That's when Ronela realized something.... What if those guys killed Mahmood?!?!?!

She shivered at the thought. She hoped that wasn't true. The Eurovision Song Contest couldn't go on without him! Blanco would be too broken to do anything. She knew that Mahmood and Blanco were a favorite to win the contest this year, but she also didn't want to die because of this. She didn't think that waiting to know if Mahmood was alive or not was a good idea. If he actually was killed, she would have to tell someone.

Suddenly, she heard sirens of a police car approach the area. Ronela sighed in relief. There were officers who could do something about the guys who hurt Mahmood. Slowly, Ronela walked out of the bathroom still slightly fearing for her life.

The lights had turned back on. From the looks of it, the masked men were gone. That was a good thing, but she still couldn't see Mahmood anywhere. Ronela began to bite her lower lip out of nervous anxiety, Her mind began to overflow with a bunch of different "what if" questions. What if he was kidnapped by the men and held ransom? What if the police found his dead body? Ronela couldn't get those irrational questions out of her head, no matter how hard she tried.

She later arrived in the main room, everyone was crowded around something. Ronela could hear the whimpering cries of an unrecognizable masculine voice as it begged the words "come back! Please, come back!" She later found out it was the voice of Duncan Laurence's lover, Jordan Garfield. He was seen kneeling down next to Duncan as he lay on the hard surface of the wood floor. Jordan lifted his lover's dead body off the ground and held him close trying to make him feel comfortable, even though Jordan knew he was gone.

"Mr. Garfield," an officer had shown up to the scene. "We need to examine the body. We're going to need you to move."

Jordan sighed as he laid Duncan back down on the floor. The cop knelt down to see the fingermarks on his neck.

"No one here is to leave until we get everyone's fingerprints. We're going to find the murderer." The cop said.

After saying that, the cop gathered everyone in a single-file line. He lined everyone up in alphabetical order. Since Ronela's name began with an R, she got sent to the back of the line. There were over a thousand other people at this patty, with only about a hudnred behind her in line. One by one, everyone got their fingerprints taken and Ronela began to shift closer to the front of the line. For the next few hours, all Ronela could hear was.

"Next."

"Next."

"Next."

After all the L's got their fingerprints taken, Ronela took a peek at everyone in front of her. She saw someone at the front of the line. She looked closer and realized that it was Mahmood!

Well thank God he's alive. Ronela thought to herself. Something still puzzled her, however. Why would those guys put him unconscious? They have no reason to do that... The only thing Ronela could've thought would happen was that the guys would've killed him. It doesn't matter, he was alive nonetheless. Ronela was happy of that.