01, Losing Game

The lights just flickered off

No one had predicted it, or anything like it. One second, the party was hype and everyone was having fun... And the next, the lights flickered off completely. Everyone ran about frantically. Everyone that is, except for the Italian-Egyptian singer, Mahmood.

He had just arrived at the party not too long before the lights flickered off. He was told that this party was going to be for past and current Eurovision contestants. He had received an invite from Damiano David, Måneskin's lead singer. Blanco had also received an invitation. However, he had other things to attend to. The Eurovision semi finals were in a week. Everyone had flown in from their home countries all the way to Turin, Italy, for the event.

Mahmood entered the room. Once he got there, Duncan Laurence, the Netherlands' first victor in the competition in 44 years since his win, walked up to him.

"Hey, Mahmood! Glad you could make it." He smiled. His smile was adorable to most, and his teeth glistened a bright pearl white.

"Hey Duncan! Long time no see!" Mahmood laughed a little and patted him on the back.

"Wanna hang with me and Jordan? We could spare a little bit of room." Duncan insisted to Mahmood. Mahmood rubbed his neck as he was thinking.

"Uh... I might get a drink. I don't really feel like third wheeling your love boat." Mahmood laughed. Duncan couldn't help but chuckle as well.

"Haha, just as cheerful as I remember from Tel Aviv!" Duncan chuckled as he took a sip of his drink. "Well, in that case, I'mma go find Jordan. We'll be over by the leather sofas if you need us."

As Duncan headed off, Mahmood sighed. Even though Duncan and himself were compared a lot a few years back, and even though he took second place to him, he still loved his company and he respected him.

Suddenly, the lights flickered off.

Everyone frantically ran around the room. Several people tried to get them to calm down. Others were dialing 9-1-1 for help. Others were calling electricians.

Mahmood stayed put. He knew that the best thing to do in these situations was to stay calm. Don't panic, stand still.... Then, he heard a scream... Duncan's scream.

"Duncan???" Mahmood cried out and got nothing but silence in return.

He began to run towards the direction he saw Duncan run in, when he felt someone push up against him, shoving him into the wall. He didn't have the time to let out a scream before the man cuffed his hand over Mahmood's mouth.

"You heard nothing, pretty boy." The man whispered slightly to him. Suddenly, Mahmood felt limp. His vision began to blur as he collapsed to the ground...

...

The lights had turned on by now. Everyone else was frozen in fear. Jordan had heard Duncan scream, but didn't know where to find him.

Duncan?! Duncan, where are you??? You're scaring me!!!" Jordan cried out in tears. That's when Jordan heard someone else cry his name.... Someone that wasn't Duncan.

Jordan came running. He pushed through the crowd to get to the voice. Once he made it to who was calling, he saw his worst nightmare.

Duncan lay there on the floor. His skin was pale. He had thick finger marks on his neck.

"DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!" Jordan cried as he ran for his beloved as he lay on the floor, lifeless and frail.