Epilogue | The Assessment

Just a little warning: this chapter mentions drug use, also this chapter kinda just sucks in general sorry I warned you beforehand that I don't know how to write endings, didn't I?

Word Count: 2918

      To put it simply, Beomgyu did not say anything about Yeonjun to his friends.

      In fact, he had begged the older to pretend as if he still hadn't found his soulmate at school using the excuse that he "was shy and didn't want the attention drawn to himself because it would distract him from studying for the ever so important schoolwide assessment."

      Understandably, Yeonjun was pissed off at the younger's antics, but he eventually obliged, at least for the time being . . . 

      Yeonjun was undeniably bored sitting still in the library.  Ever since Soobin had vowed never to show his face again in the building he had never had a reason to go to the place, but now here he was, pretending to study while sneaking glances at the boy next to him.

      He had no motivation and did not see the point in studying, which wasn't good because if he wanted to beat Beomgyu in the schoolwide assessment he would have to actually try.

      But how do you start studying when you've never had to before?

      He released a small sigh, his eyes drifting from his notes once again to rest on the face of the boy beside him.  He was bent over his notebook, a green highlighter in his hand which he used to mark some bits of information he deemed as important enough to cover in florescent green, a frown played at his lips.

      Yeonjun resisted the urge to run his fingers through the boy's fluffy raven hair, instead raising a hand to poke the boy's shoulder in an attempt to catch his attention.  Beomgyu startled at the touch, lifting his head to face his soulmate with a confused look.  Yeonjun frowned at him.

      'Beomgyu-ya,'  he whispered.  At hearing his name, Beomgyu tilted his head to the side in a question, not trusting his voice to be quiet enough as to not disturb the others around them.  'If I beat you in the schoolwide assessment, will you go out with me?'

      The question instantly made the younger's face heat up, a startled expression taking over his features as he turned away from the older, unable to meet his gaze.  'I thought we were already dating . . . ,' he mumbled, wincing at how loud his voice sounded in the quiet atmosphere of the library.

      Dating . . .

      The word felt foreign to him.

      Actually, they had never made it official after confessing, with Yeonjun never commenting about it and Beomgyu being too shy to ask.

      Yeonjun shook his head, poking the younger's shoulder again in an attempt to make him look his way.  'No, I mean make it official, so that everyone knows.'